Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nah, that's not gonna work. They'll just cut his arms off at the shoulders then. We need some real Nobel-Prize-winning thinking here.

Pec exercises and put the pull-start on a nipple ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Spiderdrake posted:

Denji straight up hates transforming because it hurts when they come out, so yeah, I doubt it's pleasant.

Also this series owns even if I feel like Beam gonna die here

Maybe the headsplosion originates from inside, and her pain-processing grey matter is soup before pain-feeling outer membranes, bones and skin are affected? Or the whole thing is so fast it's just one owie and then devil time.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Of course Gun and Bomb are partners. Either because every gunshot is powered by a small explosion, or because they both work for War.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Gun Devil shows up in America, gets chumped by local heavyweight Brown People Devil

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nah, he's actually really weak because whenever he does anything it gets blamed on other devils, like Succubus Devil and Slender Man Devil.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Hmm, other things a chainsaw could do... Maybe he could snap the chain and have it launch at an opponent,

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Ranged explosion, catch splatter in mouth?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I think so, yeah. She makes weapons out of her blood, and can use jars of it to lay traps, but it seems it has to be her blood. Something in me recalls them calling her 'A blood devil' rather than 'the' so if thats not a mistake, her purview may only be certain types of blood or bleeding.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Elfface posted:

Hmm, other things a chainsaw could do... Maybe he could snap the chain and have it launch at an opponent,

Hah! Called i-

Well. How 'bout that.

Hyped for Bombnado versus Chainshark.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Denji eats the flowers because he's gonna get his money's worth one way or another, after going hungry so long.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The Chinese devils suddenly swooping in as contenders for best. Blood, Donuts, Halloween and ... what more could one want?

I wonder what they're all devils of? Halloween is probably Halloween, given how much she enjoys saying it... Blood could be another blood devil like Power, she's got the same horns. Donuts' hair could be an eel, or maybe a question-mark. Devil of the unknown? Silence looks like a frankenstein, so could be a devil of monsters, or maybe of corpses or zombies. Death Itself is probably a much bigger deal fear.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'd vote for her.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Plus Denji was beating up devils with one eye, one kidney and a good boy.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Power is a firm believer in Chandler's Law, but is unable to acquire guns.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe halloween is actually a meme devil, halloween.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Cat devil with the power to push people down stairs.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Prediction: Quanxi will spend the whole time with her harem, turn up and see the bloodbath after Santa is done and the dead other guys and just nope on back to her girlfriends.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I reckon she's just competent and not evil for evils sake. Makima wants useful assets. People only working for you because you hold their family/cat/debt hostage doesn't have a great track record.

I wonder if there's an 'obligations' demon...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
She's mysterious, powerful, alluring, never quite sure if she's on your side or not...

She's the Women devil, channeling the fear of nerds everywhere.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Knives demon?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'm guessing like Denji, she started off human but bonded with a devil partner at some point.

Ultimate wild take: She was human until 5 minutes ago, and unnamed-stabby-fiend is the devil form of the one holding the head.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
:every applause reaction gif:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Denji is an idot, but he knows he's an idiot. It's the Barbarian's Riddle in a nutshell.

A truly idiotic hero would have tried to set up electric lights, or lure the arkness devil into the daylight, or keep the fight going for 12 hours. Denji just becomes a lightsource.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Denji is like a loud, on-fire Terminator. He's got a goal, and will keep taking the most direct course to accomplishing it. He's not going to give up and he's really hard to actually kill.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Halloween.

The kamehameween was amazing. When Quanxi 'set' her on Santa, I thought 'Oh, maybe Halloween isn't the goofy low-level devil of halloween which people are scared-but-not-really of, but something more insidious, like brain damage. And then it one-upped that. Hive mind taken down by the Total Perspective Vortex.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Hiro Protagonist posted:

I wonder if this means that something cosmically insane will happen on Halloween, so that it overshadows all other knowledge.

IT's just getting a song stuck in their head for eternity. Halloween Halloween This is Halloween.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Power needs a hug from everyone. Aki needs to make friends with a devil like Denji did, to get his arm back. Maybe a mutual benefit with Angel?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe the arms got left behind in Hell, which is messing with the devils? They die in Hell, they come alive in Earth and vice-versa. So arms in Hell = no arms in Earth.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
He's certainly not educated, being barely able to read on account of dropping out of school to be in debt to the mafia. On the other hand, he can invent a blood-powered perpetual motion machine for the nobel prize.

On the other other hand, there's his interpretation of Beam telling him about using his chains to get around...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
In a way, they're all man-made. Animals aren't smart enough to be afraid of abstract concepts like Darkness, Cosmos and The Future.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Matriarch Grandmother controlling the family quietly, and will outlive yet another generation.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Pieces of the bomb devil certainly were!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel like 'fusion dance' will be a grotesquely inappropriate description for however that comes about.

They will perform the DBZ fusion dance perfectly. Pause for a beat. Denji's circulatory system rips itself out of his body and is replaced by Power, still in the pose.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
There's something significant about one of them.

Halloween!

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Millions of ant-sized bullets. Fruitfly bullets too small to perceive with the naked eye.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Denji needs go go back to Hell, and reunite with the reborn Blood Devil. She won't have her memories, but maybe they can become siblings once more.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

RatHat posted:

I hope there’s a flashback of him fighting the Nazi devil because I have to see what that even looks like.

Like this, but a wolf and a swastika.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Maybe it's actually a much simpler answer, and it's that chainsaws run on petroleum, which is pressurised and decayed dinosaurs, so hell chainsaws run on hell petroleum, but after the Dinosaur Devil was all burned up, a new source was needed.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
A five year timeskip, and the wandering Chainsaw Devil has been accepted as a fact of life, making people less scared of him. He's like a traffic accident, sure it's a tragedy if it happens to you, but you don't run away from all cars just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Kobeni's ice cream didn't taste of anything... is this because Chainsawman also ate ice cream?