Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
I don't know where that breakdancing meme came from but I'm delighted every time I see it and it's different iterations

Anyway I hope nothing happens to Yuko but something most definitely will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I definitely need to reread this since there are so many things that happened that I only vaguely remember since I binged the series in a day

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Also insane TikToker theory Yuko is Denji in disguise

I support this

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I want that cake shirt

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

This is right up my alley. That's hilarious thank you

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I was expecting it but still Yuko no :ohdear: :catstare:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Last article Gita Jackson wrote for Vice before getting shitcanned in sweeping layoffs

https://twitter.com/xoxogossipgita/status/1578443706876633088?t=lI8TPZ4juBUrjTBrM87wxg&s=19

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Also denji continues to be hilarious with his intense horndogging even right after a vicious fight. Just gawking at the mostly naked, blood-splattered girl standing in front of him. Absolute dingus

I actually have got to say that I'm kind of impressed with Fujimoto drawing a school girl in her literal bra and underwear in the most non-Male Gaze-y way possible. Even the crotch shot was just folded in to the action and it all feels really restrained. Denji even leers at her and the art doesn't go out of his was to accentuate Asa's body at all. Like, compare that to the way he draws Power sometimes. You just don't really see that in this type of manga, which always seems to go out of it's way for a panty shot or for a character's cleavage to be the focal point of the panel. I apologize, that's probably a weird thing to fixate on but the bar is so, so low for seinen manga.

I'm very invested in what happens to Yuko :ohdear: her character has been setting off death flags from the start, but I really want to see if there is any way she can be redeemed. Probably not, though. Poor Asa.

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 10, 2022

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Terper posted:

Ribbit

e: thinking about the darkness frog got me to go back and watch this manga trailer again, it's so freaking good

:catstare:

That's real loving good! Holy poo poo. Anyone know the music they used

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Thank you! Between the music and the incredible editing I don't think I have ever found myself so taken with a goddamn manga PV. I kind of hope to see it pop up in the anime

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

Okay I'm all caught up. Oddly enough what finally broke my resolve to not ~spoil the anime for myself~ wasn't the promise of more batshit loving fight scenes or more poignant character moments, it was the vague spoiler that Denji was getting wooed by some loving dork who rules. So I went and read ~80 chapters.

Don't tell anyone, but I think that this manga might be good

Honestly that's as a good a reason as any. I binged homestuck after seeing some splash art and thinking to myself, "wait when do characters get wings???"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Bread Set Jettison posted:

It’s got Fujimotos weirdness and I can already see some of the early experimental versions of things he did in CSM and his one shots. It’s good but, but I’ve only gotten as far as dog rape man and chopping off that poor kids legs. There’s a lot to go, and the pace is way less refined but it’s compelling in a very raw way.

The moment-to-moment pacing is really rough and I think that's where I'm really struggling with it. I might finish it if only because it's pretty short and I'm really curious about the trans rep

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I'd definitely recommend the original Akira manga, as well.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Ended up re-reading part 1 in it's entirety again today. Meant to only read up to where the anime was while I was getting my oil changed but ended up reading all of it. There was a lot that I had forgotten from my first read, like Power coming back as the Blood Devil, and stuff like that. Goddamn this manga is good

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

There are people out there that think that any scene that isn't some sort of combat scene is useless filler. Please add "filler" to the list of words people throw around that has been divorced from its original context, says me, a Bleach veteran :corsair:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Terrifying Effigies posted:

I still can't get over the Future Devil ep ED just being "here's the end of Part 1 for youthe future is great!". Anime-only folks are going to lose their minds in a couple years.

I didn't even think of it that way Holy poo poo :psyboom:

Figured I'd ask but does anyone know why they did a new ED for each episode? I don't think I've seen that done in an anime before. Honestly they were all so perfect I wouldn't be surprised if they genuinely couldn't decide on one.

Edit:

This rocks so hard

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Fivemarks posted:

What if Fami's real plan was to get Denji and Asa together?

Fami is a DenjixAsa shipper

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

This is truly my favorite Nayuta comic

https://at.tumblr.com/tobytoon/703943560735670272/kqj4j70gb9fn

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Just a little Holy terror who is better at math than denji :kimchi:

Edit: ment for this to be an edit :bang:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Last two pages had me going from, "oh no do I ship this now?" to just "oh no"

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I tried to turn my classmate in to a weapon and all I got was a stupid crush

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Spoilers for next chapter

source: https://www.tumblr.com/niceusername/706716949708734464/chainsaw-man-ch-119-leaked-not-clickbait?source=share

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Misato has extremely deep-to-the-core intimacy issues from PTSD due to A) directly living through the apocalypse from a front row seat and B) watching her dad die saving her life after spending her whole childhood convinced he didn’t give a poo poo about her. These compounded to put her in a situation where she deliberately uses sexuality as a shield to protect her emotional vulnerabilities, and especially adopting a hyper-sexual behavior to limit how much people get emotionally invested in her. She’s also a severely debilitated alcoholic who was probably going to die of liver failure before 40 if SEELE hadn’t got to her first. The end result is that by the time of the TV series she flirts with literally everyone regardless of appropriateness and, by EoE, she’s been so emotionally broken down by kaji’s death, ritsuko’s betrayal, and the general collapse of the overall situation that all of her coping mechanisms have fallen apart and “I am going to bribe this child with sexual favors” is all she can think of because that’s all she’s got left.
Also

Eimi posted:

She is also bleeding out and dies moments after that. Anything to get him in the robot.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

These are all amazing. God bless fan artists :allears:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

a whole doppleganger attempt and nobody notices until Power just accidentally runs them over :allears:
Who then immediately insists on it not being her fault despite having her hands on the drat wheel

I love Power :allears: she's the best

Happy Landfill fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Jan 31, 2023

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The best part of all of this being Asa and yoru still under the impression that Denji is just some idiot who has nothing to do with Devils. Some of the beet use of dramatic irony I've seen in a while

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

What if chainsaw man but 50 pochitas

https://twitter.com/NezukoSocial/status/1620476410145148928?cxt=HHwWgMDQmbOti_0sAAAA

Also this feels pretty in character

https://twitter.com/Avafaid/status/1620182432594149378?cxt=HHwWhIDS4dPVhfwsAAAA

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

It looks really good? Like, not perfect, I think the colors could be a little more lush, but the art direction feels really consistant

My only complaint is that I wish they had made Makima look a little more bloody and sinister after she was shot and she was standing behind the guy, but the tension and pacing of all those scenes felt good

I hope the low DVD sales doesn't affect the next seasons. There is SO MUCH from this manga that needs to be animated

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Anime was super good, not 1:1 but I don't expect any adaptation to be. I binged that thing in like 2 days.

Kinda like JJK I think the manga has some qualities that are hard to translate to motion entirely, but getting a lot of those sequences done so pretty is worth it as an extra way to enjoy it,

There are quite a few bits in the manga that kind of only work as a manga. I think it's why Junji Ito adaptations can be kind of underwhelming--what makes his stuff really good is how he weilds the medium.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I keep forgetting that Makima did die then. God, that reveal is so good.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I need to share this post with someone

https://www.tumblr.com/shoyutoyo/706895039644696577/live-asa-reaction?source=share

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I had to do a double take that art looks super legit! :monocle:

Edit: They're the same artist that did this

https://twitter.com/cosiecottage/status/1610386141097721858?s=20

They are quite good

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Yay meowy :allears:

This comic is great at throwing curveballs. I can't even pretend to predict what's going to happen next because I'll never be even kind of right

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

I shared this in the anime thread but I really like this guy’s chunky aesthetic

Thanks for sharing! He's got a nice style, I super dig it

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

We can still wish her the best and send good vibes her way :sparkles:

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Denji becoming more like Aki everyday is delightful

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Miching Mallecho posted:

Rereading the chapters is way quicker and flows better when you're not counting the days until the next chapter drop.
:same:

Although, I was hooked on pt 2 from the first chapter

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Hace posted:

Part 2 owns and I don't know how anyone could be let down by it

I imagine the people who decry any episode that isn't beginning-to-end fight scene to be useless filler.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

Honestly, $3 is a great deal, even if you're only reading Chainsaw Man. I subscribed and haven't regretted it. You can also read Goodbye, Eri and Look Back, two one-shots Fujimoto did that are excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011