Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just shotgunned through this in a day and holy poo poo.

I love Denji so much, his simple goals that keep evolving and any protagonist that sets themselves on fire to defeat someone is automatically cool.

Speaking of that whole arc is insane Power running over one of the assassins, the trip to hell, the darkness devil Goddamn.

And it keeps topping itself after that all the way to the very end. It does so much and in less than 100 chapter as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Considering everything up that point, I took it at face value and all those concepts got erased.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

At the end of the day Poochita just wanted someone to hug without eviscerating them and not only is it sweet it's also a good bookend to part one because it's similar to what Denji wanted. :unsmith:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Denji's goal has got to be one of my favorites shonen motivations I've ever seen. It starts off so simple and dumb and then just develops into something more personal and relatable.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darth Walrus posted:

I feel like 'why is the Chainsaw Devil so loving scary' is one of those dangling plot hooks for Part 2, alongside Denji's quest to find the new Blood Devil. It's certainly something we're likely to get more information on when Denji books a particularly durable babysitter and goes on a trip to hell.

If he goes to hell I hope we get more of the primal devils, I want more Darkness Devil-level stuff.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Julias posted:

That was a good read. This part in particular felt like Fujimoto just putting his thoughts on paper

Both this and Look Back feel incredibly personal to Fujimoto.

And I love it so much.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Darth TNT posted:

Denji is going to be chumped. Chainsaw isn’t feared anymore.

I hope they play it up outside the anime when they start getting close to that point cause it was so cool when I realized what was happening.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I've only read Chainsaw Man plus the one shots afterwards, but Fujimoto strikes me as the type to bend or break established rules to benefit the story whether it be for character or narrative purpose or just because it's cooler this way.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Oh man starting a yuko death pool on how and when she dies

Also insane TikToker theory Yuko is Denji in disguise

Gonna be honest when I saw the run down house Yuko lives in this was my first thought.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lp18j5dQYg

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chainsaw Man rules

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:sickos:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Six people could not reasonably fit in that car, those old people clearly had a death wish.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chapter links

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-103/chapter/25379?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013724

lmfao Chainsaw Man rules

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just realized the humor in Asa/War looking for a hidden Chainsaw Man while Denji is doing his damndest to reveal he is Chainsaw Man

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Somehow the dogs are living far better than Denji despite being in the same house.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This chapter is everything I could have hoped for.

symbolic posted:

im losin my fuckin mind

lol

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I bet War is still sulking and that's why she never popped up while Asa was with Denji.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonna be real hard for him to disprove he doesn't eat dogs when his house is full of them.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-105/chapter/25500?action=read

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013774

:stare:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We were all waiting for the other shoe to drop on Yuko, but I don't think any of us expected it to drop like this.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Katana is weak to Kick

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The whole episode felt movie like with how a ton of shots were framed. Like everything before Denji becoming Chainsaw Man wouldn't feel out of place in zombie movie.

Which makes sense considering Fujimoto himself.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Endorph posted:

End s1 with katana mans punishment, do a reze movie, then s2 with 12 eps for international assassins and control devil

Halloween does fall on a Tuesday next year.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Still laughing at the future devil doing a lil dance

The future....

RULES

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

chiasaur11 posted:

I just wanted to talk about this bit over here, because it also works with how movie theaters are sometimes a metaphor for death in Fujimoto works.

Kobeni is, after all, the only person in that group who doesn't die. She's denied her seat.

Holy poo poo

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Seriously can't wait for Operation: Super Smart.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hbag posted:

im up for reading more of the manga im just struggling to find somewhere (legal) to read it that isnt on my phone (im not reading it on my phone, that's silly)

Are you American? You can subscribe to Viz for $2 and read it there.

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/chainsaw-man?locale=en

Other than that your only option is to download the mangaplus app and read it on your phone.

Edit: poo poo beaten multiple times

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

CrashScreen posted:

Took a look at the OP on YouTube and it's #4 trending with 7.4 million views. Not that much more than a day old.

That seems pretty crazy?

It was #2 yesterday only beaten out by Google's tribute to Tito Puente.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's incredibly funny Power hasn't even officially debuted in anime yet, but she's still leaving an impression just from the OP alone.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

hbag posted:

guess you could say she left a powerful impression

She's certainly coming in with a bang.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

witchcore ricepunk posted:

Watching the anime really is a stark reminder for current manga readers that Denji’s characterization really changes when the reader isn’t privy to his interior monologue.

The Phoenix Wright Effect.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Would the anime giving Denji's kills a No More Heroes style guitar riff be too much?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yep, they skipped the Muscle Devil. A bit of a pity, but no big loss.

On the upside we got more Power. Was expecting the episode to end on her introduction, but we got the part where she kills Sea Cucumber Devil and that owns.

Can't wait for next week.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Denji made a contract to find Power and I believe in her coming back at least.

Denji just needs to find a plane to America.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Speaking of Katana Man what's up with him and the pendulums at the end of the anime OP? Don't know why but it's a shot that's been stuck in my head for a while.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fair enough on all points

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I do wonder how many people know who Kobeni has a contract with? Makima definitely judging by those panels. Violence, maybe? They seemed to have a solid partnership.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

chiasaur11 posted:

Makima followed up those panels by explaining what she meant by pointing out that Kobeni didn't fear Chainsaw so much any more. It may have further meaning later, but in the moment, it had nothing to do with Kobeni's contract.

So is there a possibility not even Makima knows Kobeni's secret?