Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

raocow posted:

I am absolutely fine with a weird uneven release schedule if it means fujimoto doesn't need to kill himself with overwork

I don't mind him going to a full-time 2 week release schedule like the Spy X Family guy. The facial expressions are much better than usual seemingly because of the break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I heard elsewhere that physical media sales hasn't been the end-all-be-all anymore, so low Blu-Ray sales may not be worth worrying about vs tankobons, streaming, and overseas profits in general.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

People should care less about this sort of thing.

Both the people trolling the director or whatever and the people going "Can't believe those goddamn Japanese Otaku......."

I care insomuch as I don't want a OPM S1->S2 downgrade in animation. Though I don't care THAT much either, because the CSM anime is so extra even in small scenes, it could afford to look shittier without bringing down any of the actual quality.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Denji can't catch a break, now he has to spend even MORE time scamming homeless guys to pay for all that ice cream.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Nayuta is more different than Makima than it seems actually. Here, Nayuta's methods are bad but her intention is to protect Denji. While Makima's methods seem kinder at first glance, her actual intentions are horrific.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Buying ice cream AND Sim City 2? How many homeless people do you want Denji to scam?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Now that we got Nayuta, where's Kobeni??

No, her brother doesn't count!!

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

You know it's CSM fanart when it looks better than the original.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Steve Yun posted:

Yoshida is actually under Nayuta’s control

I’m not gonna let a 99% failure rate on guesses stop me

You might actually be on to something here. Yoshida's job is to keep Denji happy and in line, presumably to keep Nayuta happy/in line.

I don't remember if it's true myself, but if Yoshida was the one who introduced Asa to Denji. He could have done so to try and keep Denji happy by setting him up, but back off once Nayuta got pissed off about it.

The questions are is how he knows about all this, who he's taking orders from (and whether Nayuta controls them), and if he actually knows about Yoru or not.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

See, I thought that might be the case too, but in this chapter we learned that they each want Denji to do very different things.

Nayuta is all "Keep being Chainsaw Man cause it's cool dingus!"

While Yoshida is all "Please stop being Chainsaw Man, dingus."

Unless I'm missing something Yohida is saying "don't reveal your identity, dignus" not "don't be Chainsawman".

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Chainsawman Part 2 is a JoJo-like part shift and I did not expect Fujimoto to pull that off so well.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Yes, but Satan is the name of the poo poo Your Pants Devil.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

So, is there supposed to be a chapter today?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

A Predator Devil is definitely a Primal.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

My guess/hope is that both Denji and Asa lose to the Falling Devil and end up in Hell.

Because guess who's in Hell right now?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

My theory is that Falling is just going with a cooking gimmick because they found a chef's outfit first. Like if they got a firefighter outfit it would have been non-stop fire puns.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

SexyBlindfold posted:

This feels like such a different authorial voice than the one in Fire Punch. Fujimoto has evolved from "life loving sucks and then it loving sucks" to "life loving sucks and then it loving sucks, lmao. wanna see this cool pic of my dog?"

I mean having an extremely successful manga would probably do that to you.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

Chapter 87.

(As for how long Devils have been around, it's probably a long while. That said, Quanxi's age is a big question there, since she's supposed to be the first devil hunter.)

My guess based on the fact that society exists and more or less resembles ours, but Devils are a commonplace fact of life means they've been mucking around on Earth for around ~50 years.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

No sir, I do not like Wet Pochita.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Nayuta's the loving best lmao.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Apocron posted:

I’m just wondering where Kishibe is. All of this seems to run pretty counter to the plan for Denji and Nayuta at the conclusion of part 1.

That and Yoshida saying he's working for "an organization" and not mentioning Public Safety, leads me to think they are not involved with any of this.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Eimi posted:

Also this chapter makes me wonder what happened to Kishibe? I thought Yoshida was working with a separate group both because he said he wasn't with Public Safety before, which is a lie, but also because if he was the actions of Public Safety don't fit with what Kishibe said to Denji at the end of part 1.

I think it's either:

1. Yoshida is working for a separate organization but is just working with Public Safety for this one op.

2. Yoshida is working for Public Safety but this "keep Denji from being Chainsaw Man" is his own idea and not something Public Safety ordered him to do and has shaky support for.

3. Public Safety is just incompetent.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

MorningMoon posted:

ARE THERE ANY OTHER CHAINSAW MEN I SHOULD KNOW ABOUT?

Pochita: "Meow"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

He's contracted to the Octopus Devil. Octopii are often associated with mimicry and disguises. It's why Decoy Octopus is a thing and why Ikalgo in HxH disguises himself and so-on. So far all we've seen him do is tentacles + ink but there's a really good chance he can change his form/disguise himself/etc

This also adds a delightful extra element to him being the one to find the disguised guy in part 1 and then letting the one dude go because his weird brain thought 'oh yeah no that guy can't be an assassin'

Edit: Occam's razor: It is his sister.

No, Occam's Razor would just be he paid a random girl to give him a handy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I saw someone online say that Kobeni is just a courage the cowardly dog gijinka and I thought that was pretty funny.

Also it will be very funny when Kobeni gets dragged into Denji and Asa’s nonsense again somehow.

There's a good chance that one panel of Kobeni's brother is the most we'll ever see of her. Part 2 has been pretty stingy about bringing back characters from Part 1.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

cuntman.net posted:

this thread always has the best timing lol

In my defense, Swordman only appeared for a few panels in part 1 and had no lines. He's effectively a new character.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Aug 8, 2023

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Denji doesn’t seem that happy about this lady being super into Chainsaw Man tbh.

Could this all be Yoshida’s plan to convince Denji that actually getting babes by being Chainsaw Man isn’t that fulfilling in the first place?

I mean he's known this chick for like 3 hours and she's touched his wiener suddenly, made him suck on a devils corpse for sex, then brought him to karaoke, seemingly let him be attacked by a bunch of dudes with baseball bats, got outed as a public safety agent, then said she was still into him.

Dude's just sick of getting jerked around.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I liked how Denji and Fumiko shared the same braincell there for a bit.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Still hoping Reze shows up at some point wanna know if she would still be into Denji or if would it be some high school friend comes back just to get you to join a pyramid scheme type poo poo.

At this point, I don't think the church has any hybrids besides sword guy.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

It'd be hilarious if Katanaman exits the story again without finding out his real name or even without anyone calling him "Katanaman".

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

One detail I saw elsewhere was that Denji bought that apartment with the money that Aki left him. So that's one connection to a dead loved one confirmed gone. :smith:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

What the gently caress Fumiko.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Lmao that gun is straight up photoshopped in there.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

It's absolutely supposed to be a corruption of the word guillotine that's turned into some kind of hosed up Pokemon cry.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

Meanwhile, Denji gets out on his own and meets Reze again. As Denji neither knows nor cares about the Death Devil thing, they decide to just go bowling.

Oh no the Reze copium is leaking into this thread too.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

limp dick calvin posted:

he just like me fr fr

You hit on a lesbian for 9 years straight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

We are so back