Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Maybe this is how devil's express love?

I’m guessing she’s a human with a devil heart like Denji and the sword guy. She’s got the same teeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It makes since that the fox devil is worthless. Is there anybody afraid of foxes outside of farmers worried about their chickens?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I was not ready for that galaxy brain level take on how chainsaw powers work.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Never stand between a Chansaw Man and his Vacation

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

He’s a human who has contracts with devils.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

That is about how I was expecting these events to play out.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love this manga so much.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m questioning the devil power rankings where Darkness is a never been killed primal devil, but Violence isn’t. I’m gonna need to see a chart.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope it’s something stupid like “Chainsaw” is just an approximation and it’s really a crazy fear like the fear of the inevitable march of time that wears down everything which manifests physically as a chainsaw.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Who could have known that Denji was a Paladin this whole time.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Quanxi should still be alive since she’s a half devil like Denji. I want to hear the backstory of the first devil hunter.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

yum posted:

Denji isn't stupid but he was basically an uneducated and ignorant animal dude at the start of the series who was motivated purely by his basal instincts i.e. survival, hunger, lust, avoiding pain. It's fun and interesting to watch him learn how to fit into society and slowly develop his own code of ethics. For all her shadiness, Makima appears to be helping Denji by educating him about values and higher order concepts. Basically transforming him from a feral animal to human. Anybody's guess to what purpose though.

Hopefully the guy that Santa Claus raised wasn’t thematic foreshadowing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love Denji's questioning of Makima when he is told that the Gun Devil can't die.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I have to imagine even at 20% of its body the Gun Devil we saw is close to full power. A year from the life span of a couple hundred million people seems to be an unfathomably juicy sacrifice.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I dare someone to say Makima is bad after this chapter. Look at all those good boys who love her.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Makima likes dogs because they are unflinchingly loyal.

But they aren’t loyal because they’re scared of crossing you or because you had to use magic to force them to be. Which seems to be part of why she likes Denji so much.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope they end up back in Hell and Beam saves them because he’s supercharged due to a Jaws marathon being on TV.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I don't know what you all are being so negative about. All I saw was a bunch of drawings of happy dogs.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

LostRook posted:

So we're missing Principality, Throne, Archangel and Cherubim from that fiend lineup. Though I guess Prinz and Beam could be short for Principality and Cherubim respectively.

I think we can go with Angel devil as being the Archangel analogue. If the names Beam and Prinz are good enough for theirs, his fits just as well.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So assuming that translation is close to correct Devils are the actual metaphysical concept of the thing that they are named after and erasing the being that represents humanities fear of something erases it from humanities collective conscious and I think from existence itself. Boy I'd love to hear Pochita try and explain all of this to Denji as a cute chainsaw dog.

Also I love that some of the things mentioned by Makima are things that don't exist. That is such a good touch.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 11, 2020

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

...Which doesn't exist? Nuclear weapons? I'm pretty sure nuclear weapons still exist.

Just because something's killed less people than Mount Vio's eruption doesn't mean it stopped existing.

Please don't gaslight me, next you'll say it's fine if I let my kids look at the Southeast Star.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Really disappointing that Chainsaw devil hadn't eaten the Star Wars devil and Makima's goal wasn't to revive it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

”The four fates besides death at the end of life” is some real “bwuh?” poo poo. It’s just so far outside of human comprehension

Yeah it's so good.

So with this chapter I really want to go back and see if we've seen Denji eat any devils while in his Chainsaw Man form.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Sep 11, 2020

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Isn't it just the memory of such things no longer existing? Like it still happened it just gets removed from the collective consciousness

Some of the things Makima listed are not things that would just go away if people all forgot about them.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Another thing is that AIDS is gone, not HIV. Try and parse how that would work.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Sep 11, 2020

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I don’t think people have a primal fear of fire. If anything it is the opposite. Sitting around a campfire for light and warmth is something that people have been doing for like a million years. Fire can be scary if it goes out of control, but on a purely base level humanity as a whole has a fascination with fire that has nothing to do with fear.

Now drowning, that seems like primal fear. People like the water itself, but the second someone can’t breathe when they want to most rational thinking stops and people lose it.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Sep 15, 2020

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

This manga rules.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Jerkface posted:

kobeni is unkillable...I hope...

She has the same kind of pact with her car that Makima has with the prime minister. If she is injured the car takes the damage for her.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Maybe....future is best?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm kind of confused on who has been in control of Chainsaw Man's body during all of this. I thought it was Pochita, but seeing him interact with Power and from his past few conversations with Denji he's always been more high functioning than how Chainsaw Man has been acting. Though I guess he did just act like a dog before he died the first time so maybe he's just weird.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Denji spending time with Kobeni is good because she’s probably the closest thing to a normal person he’s interacted with since the manga started.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Jerkface posted:

No idea what next chapter could even be!!

We’re finally getting the Tomato Devil’s backstory.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm half expecting this to end with Kobeni running over all of Makima's crew with her car, except her car is now an X-wing for some reason.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Has any Shonen Jump series been made with bad CG? Every recent Shonen Jump based anime has been decent to great as far as a remember so I don’t know why Chainsaw Man would be any different.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

i liked how she took one drag, coughed, then put it out like a loving chuuni dork lmfao

As a fan of cinema she’s knows what you do after a barely won action scene.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I guess we’ll finally get to see what happens when Chainsaw Man erases a concept from existence. At a minimum everyone besides him is probably going to forget that any of this happened.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

RatHat posted:

Well Power implied it was possible to get devils to remember their previous identities so it's not totally off the table.

I though she was just saying to become friends with the Blood devil because that is the closest they could come to being together again, not that the devil would ever remember their previous time together.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I can not wait for Part 2 to learn how Kobeni gets forced back into Denji’s life somehow.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It was always weird how Pochita seemed to have two personalities, Friendly internal version and Chainsaw Devil version. The version of Pochita Denji talks with seems very different from the barely vocal murderous version we see at Kobeni’s restaurant.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Jul 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Or my pet theory the reason she survived the darkness devil is because that’s who she made a deal with in the first place

It’s way funnier if she’s just simultaneously incredibly lucky and unlucky.