Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Excited to see what kind of puns Mitaka breaks out in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
When you think about it, Denji chose to solve the trolley problem by pulling the lever, or in this case, cutting down the Devil right there to prevent future casualties, so did he really defeat the Cockroach Devil in the end?

The answer is yes, that guy's brain got cut in half.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Either that or they're friends and Halloween enjoys the free publicity Cosmo is giving them.

In return the Halloween Devil is always warning people to beware of the power of the cosmos.
Imagining a kitschy scarecrow with a Jack-O'-Lantern head, but it's also wearing a space helmet.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8QGft5frtI

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This is like seeing an anime girl trip over thin air and faceplant, except more drawn out and painful for everyone involved.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Lmao, Asa finally makes some progress with Denji and he immediately puts her in the Powerzone after she gets too swelled a head. At least she's trying not to turn him into a Denjitte now, though only time will tell if this solution works.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Somewhere down the line, I want Denji to fondly reminisce about Power while Asa fumes with jealousy so hard that steam pours out of her ears.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
There are three possibilities as to why Nayuta called Yoru a thief.

One is that she's possessive of Denji.

Two is that she can see Yoru hitching a ride on Asa.

Three is that she really likes patting Denji on the head and doesn't want anyone else doing it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Steve Yun posted:

We need to come up with a term for how Fujimoto raises suspense with a threat, deflates it or distracts us with something else, then surprises us with a threat after all
At this point, I'm only going to panic if he doesn't end the chapter on some insane cliffhanger.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Flair posted:

The devils of primal fear seem to share the aesthetic of having multiple human extremities.
Hell really is other people.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The Falling Devil wasn't hitting me as hard as the last Primal Fear, but the one-two punch of making Asa remember her dead cat and turning the entire world upside down has done an excellent job of making my stomach churn.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh my god, he's lost his mind. No, not just lost: he tossed that poo poo away on purpose.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
You know things are truly hosed up in this world because Chainsaw Man's will to live is dependant on his wood.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I hope motorcycle guy lives because he's got to tell this story to someone else while drinking at a bar.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
:stare:

I have this vague feeling that this incident is going to disgust Denji so much that he gets put off of sex, making it that much harder to prove he's Chainsaw Man to Asa.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

MachuPikacchu posted:

The long line of dudes queuing up to get the tar beat out of them makes me think that Fujimoto is a fan of the seminal comedy classic, Airplane!
I was just gonna say! All it needs is the guys at the back being armed with increasingly ludicrous weapons. Glocks, shotguns, RPGs, etc.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Sindai posted:

So now there's one group of assholes threatening Denji's family and friends if he chainsaws and one group of assholes threatening them if he doesn't. Time to construct an elaborate plan to play them off against each oth- haha jk jk time for extreme chainsaw violence
That's right, it's time to play the SMT neutral route.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Whip Girl's rant about being chosen by god gave off some Alex Jones energy, and the frightening thing is that I can't tell if that was on purpose or not.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Kishibe goes down after one punch, but he just lies down and naps like he's been hit with a tranquilizer.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
"The more contractors, the stronger their power" makes made me think of a fire spreading out of control because it was given too much fuel. Most Devils are good at making a bad situation even worse, but I think the Fire Devil is, like, really, really good at it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I'm disappointed and upset, but not surprised. The way things are going, Denji will probably gently caress Barem up, but Barem will be like "Oh gently caress yes Chainsaw Man is back woo-hoo" and take the satisfaction out of it.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I believe they are chopping him into smaller parts. so they can parcel them out to try and prevent him reforming. I get the feeling we might pull an Immortal Hulk
Denji is going to eat another toxic love interest, but more hosed up this time.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I feel like Fujimoto is pointing at Guillotine and yelling "Look how funny it is"...but the thing is, it's working. Guillotine is funny.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I can't wait until we see Yoru kicking Fami so hard she uses her as a projectile next chapter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I've grown used to CSM chapters ending on a dramatic, gutwrenching, or funny note, so the muted, depressing outro to this one really stuck with me.