Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i like part 2 more than part 1 cause i have an easy time relating to fail women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
chainsaw man(ga): fish facts

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when you think about it, food falls down into your stomach

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the falling devil is my style icon and i hope when i grow up i can be just like her

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i look forward to hundreds of chapters more of falling

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think falling should kill denji and become her own harem protagonist

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hypothermia Devil could work as a primal. Beyond just the fear of freezing to death, its something that tends to get associated with cannibalism when you got a group of people going, which itself is a big taboo.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i detest ugliness.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Denji is the worst (affectionate)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
official falling devil theme song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJm67bcM7RI

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Nuebot posted:

There were always two chainsaw devils!

yeah there is a right handed chainsaw and a left

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Electric and gas

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when falling is sad, i am sad :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
heh, i read goodbye eri like months ago B)

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I read a pretty decent number of manga and comics stuff about movies but Fujimoto does it the best, because he is always goes after it from the film as language approach instead of just, here are some references. Tho he still does a lot of that too, lol.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im so glad asa is our protagonist now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
um actually my girls are fighting over miss falling <3

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
she has a point, its sad to interrupt songs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i miss falling

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Lamebot posted:

I just came to the realization that the reason why there's only weapon hybrids is that they are tools to be wielded and thus are more amenable to cooperating with humans and ultimately most effective when wielded as well. Also I suspect it's not just weapons, but tools in general. I wonder if there's some other scary tool devils out there that have hybridized like pochita did. Wood lathe man...

ice pick

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

quote:

Alex St John: [laughs] Speaking of controversy, I think you'll like this. You know why the "X" on the Xbox is a glowing green X?

Shack: No.

Alex St John: You'll never hear this from anybody else because they probably don't know. The original codename for Direct X was "the Manhattan Project," because strategically it was an effort to displace Japanese game consoles with PCs and ultimately the Xbox. We called it "The Manhattan Project" because that was the codename for the program developing the nuclear bomb. We had a glowing radiation logo for the prototype for Direct X, and of course as soon as that got out and the press covered it, it caused a scandal. Microsoft PR said, "You have got to change that. You cannot be using a radiation symbol and calling this thing 'The Manhattan Project'." So we renamed it Direct X but we said, "Everybody loves the radiation symbol, so what we'll do is add legs to it to make it an 'X'." There are probably 3 people in the entire world that know how that came about. Microsoft was very funny when the Xbox launch, they said, "Oh, well, some artist made the green thing, and we thought it was cool," and I just said, "Oh stop, that was the color scheme for the Direct X logo from the very beginning."

also the codename for the xbox was project midway

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Fivemarks posted:

I mean, Midway wasn't like, a horrible American Warcrime? I don't see what your point here is, with this one specifically.

i have no clue what you are looking for here, lol. you know not everything needs to be a war crime to demonstrate a trend right?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They should have picked something else. There are a ton of American things people in Japan actually like, just pick one of those for your codename. Project hamburger, Project South Park, Project Twin Peaks, Project Betty Boop, Project Literally any Disney movie, Project Christmas...

Or that! That's basically the same as Project Christmas in Japan.

you will be surprised by the american things that japan likes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjZWUweIIEU&t=1824s

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Asa is just like me, fr fr

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im not reading any of that. i like asa more because she is just like me, fr fr

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
GAY RIGHTS HUH WELL THIS GAY HAS A MEAN RIGHT HOOK HIYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

IM SO GLAD SHE IS BACK :'D

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh no asa!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
yoshida used to be funny guy, but now that he cut off arm of main character and "just like me fr fr" asa, i hope he suffers and gets beat up!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
heck yea

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh no...fire is v scary... be careful my favorite characters

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

cringe post, i am here to read artistic manga, not look at cartoons 🙄

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wow someone blaming problems on a girl boss, typical, tsk tsk

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
logical, ok sherlock holmes!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
im going to believe peaking man save all the pets 🥰

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i mean cannibalism/being-eaten is right there and has been a major cultural fear since the beginning of humanity. if they have to be anything other than chainsaws i don't see why it wouldn't just be that, instead of something abstract like forgetting. chainsaws are a weapon made of teeth.

e: one aspect with the whole fear of being eaten is it can really, well disturb your remains. so often there is an element of not only are you dead, but you can't be lay properly to rest. its not difficult to connect this with how chainsawman's eating works.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Dec 21, 2023

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
imo its also funnier if it is just chainsaws.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Valentin posted:

plus a well-established cultural (cinematic, too) connection between chainsaws and cannibalism already exists. part 1 got a lot out of the chainsaw's evolution out of a tool for childbirth but the other major cultural association for the chainsaw is leatherface (well and chapter 1 covers evil dead as well)

god fujimoto probably loves telling people that hooper became a vegetarian while making that film

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i had some pretty good dungeon meshi predictions B)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Big Leg posted:

i wish i was falling devil

same... i would wear a tshirt that said this that is how much its true