Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Finally got around to actually reading the manga from where the anime left off and boy was that a crazy ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Das Boo posted:

Lol, was Nayuta laying on Denji's butt when she said she smelled something nasty?

Looks like it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am glad that the setting essentially hit a soft reset button or else it would just be a story of constant escalation.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Didn't do much speculation but I do feel like a dumbass seeing the answer.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It does a lot to explain why Asa is such a mess.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am not sure how much of that would last after being freed from the thrall of Makima.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Denji really is the best.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Desumaytah posted:

I just want to say that I appreciate that this manga portrays the concept of war as a strong, but not all-powerful devil that eats poo poo next to instinctual fears like "The sensation of falling" or "It's dark" instead of towing the line of "War is the worst thing ever in the universe and we, as humans, are definitely the most evil and important things that have ever existed because we came up with the concept" that pretty much every author I've ever read the work of won't stop writing.

War's a bitch baby compared to the Sudden Loud Noises Devil. This story rules.

To be fair this is War after being partially eaten by Chainsawman and thus losing one of its most powerful tools.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Denji sure is an influence on her.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lt. Lizard posted:

I like that the four horsemen of the apocalypse are the ones trying their hardest to prevent it. Very Pratchet-esque.

That is an actual plot point in one of Pratchet's book.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I mean this is the plot of Good Omens

Good Omens has the Antichrist fighting against the end of the world and that includes defeating the four horsemen with his friends. In Thief of Time the four horsemen literally ride out to stop yet another attempt to end the world.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I was mainly referring to the characters who objectively should be trying to end the world, Crowley & Aziraphale, are actually objectively against it and actively trying to stop it. their reasoning is even the same, they've become so used to the joys of living on earth that they don't want the party to end

tho you are factually correct and that's all that matters. in my defense I'm only up to Hogfather

I didn't think to include them so think we can settle with both being right.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Cute girl wouldn't work, Nayuta saw right through the last one who had ulterior motives. Though it probably wouldn't be hard to find someone smoother than Asa.

Since Public Safety seems to consist of Yoshida plus one other random doofus, this is probably the best last-ditch plan they could come up with to try to confound Nostradamus' predicted apocalypse.

Considering her conversation with Fami I feel Nayuta might have had unfair advantage in recognizing a horsemen hybrid.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Considering how devils work you would thing more of them would want to protect humans as that is where at least some of their power comes from.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

PirateZim posted:

Denji has a contract with Pochita to "show me your dreams" and I've honestly been concerned every time Denji says "this is good enough, right?" If Denji stops dreaming of better things then the contract will likely terminate.

I think it does help that this is a contract made by someone who truly cares for Denji.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Always nice to see the poster that Asa has on her wall.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I forget all the details of Yoru's ability to make weapons, but couldn't they both get what they wanted by dating Denji. As in that being enough to claim ownership over Denji to weaponize the chainsaw part of him which I assume would be quite the power up.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Yoru turns people into weapons in very lethal ways

True but we have seen chainsaw man come back from what should by all rights be lethal situations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
At some level it feels like Denji knows he is in trouble as he slowly emerges as the sensible one in the manga.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
No matter what might be going on for Denji, I am glad he has a supportive little sister.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nihilarian posted:

didn't they all die

We are still not sure what it takes to completely kill a hybrid and considering that these 4 survived it would be strange if the other hybrids were dead.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Those last two pages are dangerously adorable.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This is going to get real ugly real fast. I hope Flamethrower man gets thrown into the sun.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

I'm not sure these idiots really thought this out. dedicate a ritual to powering up a person then threaten their adoptive kid isn't going to get them the response I think they're after

like let's say Denji beats Death. he's still going to hate your guts and he's God-King of the planet now

It does make a lot of sense why Makima so easily controlled these idiots.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This non stop barrage of idiocy of the highest quality is just what I needed right now.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-162/chapter/42259?action=read

I do appreciate the doctors continuing to want no part in this nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Popo posted:

Give her the bodies back! Quanxi deserves happiness!

I would say most of the cast deserves happiness or at least a better lot in life then they have right now.