Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I thought Aki-47 was going to break me, but then Power.

And now hamburgers. This is the greatest work of fiction I have ever read in my life.

serviceworker.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

For context: I was just pulled off the edge recently and I'm a few days on medication, so reading this of all media while my brain is actively rewiring itself to stop self-terminating is surreal.

Interesting that Makima is disappointed that CSM doesn't want to eat her. Makima, it's important to communicate your needs in relationships!

e: OH COOOOOOOOOME OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

Malah fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 9, 2024

Malah
May 18, 2015

It would be fantastic if public safety ever suffered meaningful consequences for their incompetence. They almost pulled off a clean sweep of the CSM Church, aaaand then

gently caress 'em up, Yoru.

Scholtz posted:

Uh, you should take a nice long break after finishing Part 1 (Chapter 97)
This was good advice, but Falling Devil somehow had the opposite expected effect on me. I also read Fire Punch and Goodbye Eri; I now put my trust in Fujimoto.

Malah
May 18, 2015

If precise adherence to the plan is so important, then why is Asa - more likely to flinch or hesitate at a critical moment - driving the body instead of Yoru? :psyduck:

I appreciate that we get to watch Fami wreak havoc, but that's still an obvious point of failure they should have considered.

I also wonder why Yoru didn't fix their body - reattaching an arm is surely easier than the instantaneous healing they underwent when they contracted.

Malah
May 18, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

Asa is the one who is dumb/naive enough to believe she can own an aquarium with some change she collected on the ground.
Which makes sense for the walk-up, but after she converted the turrets it should have been Yoru in the driver's seat. It'd be the same as when Yoru took over after Asa converted their apartment into a sword, and that was directly after fuckboi sliced her arm off. Perhaps last time she had enough adrenaline to overpower the fear? Relatedly: Asa blocked his next sword slash with her bare hand, so she doesn't seem to be quite baseline after War powered up.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Asa truly gets the essence of anime power fuckery
Wait, it's this! Asa has the power of anime and war on her side, so of course she understands she has to flop at a suitably dramatic moment to keep the tension going!

Malah
May 18, 2015

Figures that Famine devil would be a master of gaslighting.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Just made me realize you're supposed to be hearing GYOHNEE like you would pronounce guillotine.
holy poo poo I can't not hear it now

Malah
May 18, 2015

SirKibbles posted:

No the editor one is even funnier because he asked them to choose between Angel or Kobeni ,the editor picked Angel & he let Kobeni live
make it sting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

Who worked that phrase better, Katana or Yoru?