Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
powerful chapter. Based on the aftermath I am really sad we lost violence, beam, angel's arms, kobeni maybe if its not a bit, and Aki continues to get hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Cuntellectual posted:

It baffles me after this people are still shipping power and denji.

Maybe if Makima dies or something. Maybe.

they have demon sex in this very chapter!! denji drinking power's blood is maybe one of the most erotically charged panels you'll see in a manga outside of something that is specifically an ero title. I like that the manga is grappling with Denji's feelings and also despite power being naked for like half the chapter she was not drawn in a fanservicey way. They have a great dumbass sibling energy but this chapter definitely lays out some road map for Denji x Power. Denji is portrayed as very immature and the only reason he even likes Makima is because she is cute and treated him nice. Meanwhile shes using him to fight a devil war or whatever, there is a conceivable future where he is done being used and his relationship with Power has matured to a healthy point and he will realize he would rather chill with power all day than do anything with makima.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

The future devil thinks Aki's death is gonna be interesting enough that he gives him his power for essentially free, and Fujimoto is almost certainly going to deliver.

Smash cut to the future devil laying on a bed kicking its legs back and forth as it watches Power & Denji getting into hijinks through Aki's eyes. "This contract delivers!"

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

NickRoweFillea posted:

Denji had never encountered a home-cooked meal before Aki due to being homeless, so him and Power trying their hardest to cook for Aki was a very nice bit of character building. For as violent and brutal as this manga is, it really does a good job being...warm? I think that’s the word I’d use for it?

"Denji's blood IS warm!" - Power, probably

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
makima :argh:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The author is really good at mixing things up and escalating unexpectedly. Now Im hecka worried tho :ohdear:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
:supaburn:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Given how powerful Makima appears to be I think she might be something we havent been formally told about yet. Just IMO. Very sad about Aki, since I don't think he is going to come back as a result of his contract with Makima, since the other 3 humans she has with her are not kicking around.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hamelekim posted:

This is all probably just leading to a power up for Denji this arc. We don't even have a final bad guy revealed yet.

Makima's been in like half the chapters ?????

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Fat_Cow posted:

https://imgur.com/a/KhoU8UD

Speed Translation for today's chapter.

oh cmon thats just rfucking twisting the knife

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
fujimoto if you hurt powy :mad:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

There is a non-zero chance this is true

Reminder that a big plot point in Fire Punch is that someone wanted civilization to get to the point they could finish making star wars sequels, so I'd actually put this at 50/50

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Re-reading because of you guys posting these old panels and just confirming this manga rules.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
On reread the Kishibe line about working with Makima as long as "is on humanitys" side makes a lot more sense, and Makimas stated goal is to "save humanity from devil's".

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Well if Makima is really the control or domination devil, then couldnt one of her goals be working with humanity to weaken/defeat all the other devils, such that she is powerful enough to control all of them? And you know she has her whole thing where if Div 4 does good she gets more power within the human hierarchy. I think so far we can figure that her mind control poo poo doesnt work on humans or hybrids, but does work on fiends & devils (if they are weak).

edit: Just got back to the part where Chainsaw rides beam like a horse :allears:

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 14, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hypocrisy posted:

Makima's powers work on humans and dead humans. They also work on devils. Therefore, they can probably work on fiends too!

I don't think they work on humans the way she can work on devils and fiends. She straight up commands Angel in his home town. She clearly has control over Power and the other fiends, but can't get the same obedience from humans. Aki had to agree to give her everything.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Hypocrisy posted:

Makima ordered Aki to accept that contract. He did not do it of his free will.

Literally right before that he says he will give all of himself for any contract. Thats inconclusive to me. How can he be ordered to do something that he just said he'd do?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Oxxidation posted:

he said he'd do anything, which is a normal thing for someone to say in desperate circumstances. makima then compelled him to agree to a contract with her

it was strongly implied in the same chapter that he only felt any sort of loyalty for her in the first place due to her influence as the control devil

I agree its compelling (get it ha ha), but with the fiends we are shown very clear makima orders->they react panels, including Angel falling down on command instantaneously. There is a flashback cut between makima ordering Aki and him accepting, as well as some interesting close up panels of his eyes.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Lurking Haro posted:

Ordering Aki also released Angel, so she clearly used her power and whatever conditions it has.

I didnt think of it that way thats interesting, but I'm going to dig my heels in and just double down on my opinion.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Pierson posted:

Shigurui rules and I binge-read it at like 2am, but what was the conclusion/point of the storyline of the toad-man and girl with the huge clit (i'm assuming thats what it was meant to be and not a literal actual penis)? It had like 10+ chapters dedicated to it and then the toad-guy turned up in a splash page of tournament participants and it was never mentioned again.

Shigurui ends pretty abruptly with the conclusion of the main storyline of Gennosuke , Irako, and Mie. I think its just like here is some hosed up poo poo going on, and yea he is there at the tournament of blades, but we don't see what happens after. Everything jsut goes on being awful.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Raposa posted:

From what I read of the mangaka's postscript Shigurui was an adaption of a book that had a whole series. I assumed that Toad and Chika maybe have a point within the novel's? Preferably an ending where Chika gets her revenge and rips & tears him.

But I could've misunderstood something and that's how it is in the book too, just some absurd aside to demonstrate that poo poo was hosed up all over Japan in the Edo period.

Shigurui is based on the first chapter of a story written a long time ago that never got an english translation. It has a spanish translation but I couldn't find any information on it. Its also impossible to google because all references to it and the author bring up Shigurui stuff lol. The book itself is supposed to be more of an anthology. And I feel like Shigurui must only be loosely based on it, so I think you probably would not get any answer on the weirdo characters in Shigurui from the book.

https://mangadex.org/title/26298/kaina-surugajou-gozen-jiai

This manga is apparently a more straight manga adaptation of the entire book, I am downloading the RAWs right now off some super sketch download site, I'll check it out

So according to Kaina , if u wish to know the fate of frogger he gets merc'd in the second chapter in his fight lol. Also chapter 1 is basically the entirety of shigurui in broadstrokes without all the weird stuff. There is weird stuff in this manga, such as a guy who has a really long nose for some reason

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 15, 2020

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Kaina also has an ending for Gennosuke after the tournament he meets up with a female contestant that survived on the road and they walk off together.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

CodfishCartographer posted:

Frankly, I don't really think Makima planned for this. She's definitely shady as poo poo, but I don't think she'd purposefully send Gun to Denji just to make him stronger. If she really wanted Denji to fight gun 1:1, she could have just had some agents go to his apartment and drag his rear end to the beach - she seemed to know poo poo was going to go down there. Unless she specifically needs to make the fight as emotionally taxing as humanly possible for Denji, which seems...odd. This feels more like a cruel joke of the Cool and Amazing Future Devil.

Regarding all the speculation: They also have a bunch of gun fragments, they could have just let denji eat one.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Denji would eat a bullet fragment for 100 yen!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
IS IT LEGAL FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER TO BE SO FAR AWAY?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The blonde girl that gets chumped and became a makima chain puppet supposedly set them up as an emissary of the gun devil? I think thats the explanation. He wanted to get revenge on chainsaw man and the girl wants chainsaw man's heart so the gun devil is like hey have this katana devil.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Apocron posted:

I thought the Future came across as wistful there. It pretended to be hype but in the end was melancholic. How did having it’s power help Aki out again? It seems like it helped him because it cared. Or it cane to care in the end.

He saw like 6 seconds into the future through his right eye, which let Aki punch above his weight in combat sword fighting.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
crying emoji

A SUSPICIOUS amount of dogs in Makima's house.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I did love the omake though, DEFEATED BY WEIRDNESS AND LIES!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

this is supposed to be a tender hearted scene but uhh that request

dont kinkshame

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
oh man that'd be really amusing twist. Going back to the big splash with all the dogs theres some anomalous looking dogs in that group. One has a bad eye, and 2 are twins, and one has sparkly eyes. DO ANY RIP CHARACTERS MATCH THESE DESCRIPTIONS?!?!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/menma911/status/1294117929441562624

HA HA

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

beam is kinda interesting; he recognizes chainsaw devil and begins worshiping him. We aren't really told what their relationship is but there's obviously more going on in the story than we're led to believe

Simply because we're told all devils fear Chainsaw but why doesn't Beam?

The devils have mooks obviously and Beam was a top tier mook. Chainsaw man being told by beam about how the chainsaw devil moved around culminating in Denji completely misunderstanding it and riding beam was top tier manga moments of all time.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Can someone post a link to spoilers I didnt see anything on the reddit or google

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The future can suck a dog's dick.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
denji needs to put his blood in power's head and bring her back to life!!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
there are whole other countries full of devil hunters to kill off before this is done.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

i flunked out posted:

What do you think is the least powerful devil?

cringe devil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

I Am Fowl posted:

I mean, the sea cucumber devil was being handled by a mook.

what makes that funnier is Im pretty sure the mook said its "another" sea cucumber devil, which means its rly weak in real life so it dies and goes back to hell where it also dies because it sucks rear end and then it goes back to earth, etc