Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

congratulations to Power for scamming Henry Kissinger out of millions of dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

https://twitter.com/giganticbuddha/status/1652009277429563393

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

New chapter makes me wonder if the funny Fight Club theory I've heard (that Asa and Yoru are the same person) might have some merit. If Fami could actually pull Yoru out of Asa, why did she bother starving Asa anyway?

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

MorningMoon posted:

I just read it again and OH MY GOD :allears:

This implies that poor Fumiko immediately lost her chair and fell on her rear end, considering the speed with which Denji did this

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

It is pretty interesting that, if Fami was the one pretending to be the Justice Devil all this time, then she is entirely responsible for Asa Mitaka hosting the War Devil (or awakening to being the War Devil if you're into the Fight Club theory).

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Going back to the previous chapters with the real Justice Devil and it is pretty funny how the subtle details were all there. It has no eyes and is therefore blind like justice, it could turn its hand into a big hammer like a gavel, and it has one of those weird neck ties that Japanese judges like to wear that looks kinda like a bib.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Very depressing chapter. Denji stopping himself from saying "what about my friends" because he has none left at this point was so sad.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Big Leg posted:

every post in this thread is better than my friend obsessing over a string of numbers that was on a billboard or something for a few chapters and how it would be crucial to future plot developments

The numbers, Fujimoto, what do they mean?!

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Denji is a poor blonde kid who dies over and over again, I strongly suspect his creation was partially inspired by Kenny from South Park the same way Fujimoto has mentioned Power's personality is based on Cartman's.

does this mean that Aki is Stan and Kyle fused together

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

There's been a lot of talk on what Fumiko's purpose is in the story and I think its to illustrate that being a fan of someone isn't anything meaningful. She doesn't really give a poo poo about what he wants or his safety, she's a spectator who found the worst moment in his life interesting. Her first appearance being in a movie theater where there's nothing to do but make Denji act for her amusement is such great storytelling.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Bedlam posted:

I think I heard to doom music kick in on that last panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGsjA1pXajk

I was thinking something more like this but that's good too

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Flair posted:

Asa missing an arm seems like a perfect venue for her to generate an weapon that directly attaches to her shoulder as an arm weapon.

groovy

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

oh my god, Katana mentions that a book of poetry she wrote is going for sale next month. did she put Sentimental Drive in it

Whirling fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 26, 2024

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Ranzear posted:

Absolutely love the doctor's "Bruh, I just work here" energy.

Dude probably spent 10+ years on getting his degree AND got a government job, so why throw that all away here on behalf of the lame misogynist devil hunter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

"best post-bath moment of my life" is such a funny sentence