Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

It occurs to me they haven't really mentioned devils formed out of primal fears, have they? Like a lot people are really afraid of weapons and forces of nature and sharks and blood, but effectively every human is afraid of the unknown and death and I'd think darkness would rank pretty high too.

Maybe those devils are more passive since they don't need to do much to encourage the fear or remind people of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Mulderman posted:

THE FUTURE IS BEST!

At first I was thinking maybe abstract concepts didn't really generate devils then I remembered that one.

Edit: and infinity, I guess.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Oct 31, 2019

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Lurking Haro posted:

Devil ManMan Devil

And who the gently caress is afraid of angels?

They're God's enforcers so it kinda makes sense.

My guess is that Makima is the human devil.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Maybe Pochita is actually the devil of death but took a less directly frightening form to try to learn something about humans or something. Death is obviously going to come into play somewhere in the series and probably be the strongest devil. My assumption right now is that Makima has some sort of connection to it.

Edit: Now I want to see the other primal fears. Death, the unknown, isolation, disease, and loss should all be interesting.

HerraS posted:

wanna see what kinda hosed up design the God Devil would have

I actually kinda think Makima may be that now that you mention it likely exists. She says she loves humans and is working to protect them, but she has no problem killing them when it advances her goals (which she says are to protect humanity) and nobody particularly trusts her but they don't feel they have much choice.

Mr.Unique-Name fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 2, 2020

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And demons are afraid of chainsawd because in pop media chainsaws just tear through demons

Denji is actually the Doom Slayer and that's why the devils are all very concerned about his rise in power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

White Rock posted:

Anyone else see how Makima is drawn in super sharp focus with her eyes as perfect concentric circles whenever she is manupalative?
And how her eyes sorta resemble a hypnosis spiral?

Didn't the US president explicitly say in one of the previous chapters that Makima is the control devil? That would explain why her eyes are the same as all the other devils we see, and her manipulating everybody. It also kinda explains the dogs. Dogs are pretty eager to please and thus easy to control.