Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this poo poo rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I know Aki is destined for a gruesome death, of his own making, but it is hard not to feel bad for the guy. He seems to genuinely care about the others in the group

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
maybe Denji's true power is being dumb enough to try anything yet tough enough to survive

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
when those blindfolds came out I knew poo poo was going to go down, but I didn't expect an immediate capitulation then decapitation. This manga just keeps going

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
beam was too pure for this world

I R SMART LIKE ROCK fucked around with this message at 00:36 on May 31, 2020

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I feel like Aki dying and the door opening are related. Denji will feel profound loss and go full nihilism

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
welp, poo poo's hosed :cry:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah this whole situation is throwing off red flags

Who / what is Makima actually waiting for? We might not find out for a while; since there is a lapse in memory component to all of this

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
well maybe the issue is in how a devil leaves hell. We know if they die they'll reappear on earth, but we've also been shown that there are ways to escape hell mostly intact

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah the lighthearted moments make the gut punches that much worse. I love this manga :swoon:

Our boy Aki has the right idea but this feels like he just sealed his fate

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Aki Prediction: We've been shown that while controlled, the subject doesn't seem to recall what happened during that time

So from Aki's perspective, he'll have just asked Makima for help and then "wake up" experiencing the prediction Future devil gave him. Not understanding how he got there

which is pretty :smith:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
jfc this manga really knows how to ramp up the excitement

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
tbf this arc is most definitely going to be a game changer. My body is ready for the inevitable betrayals :devil:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
:suspense:

hope is a lie

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jo Joestar posted:

Are we sure that Aki is actually the Gun Fiend? He honestly looks more like Chainsaw or Sword or any of the others while they're transformed than Shark or Violence.

e:Not to mention that he knows Denji by name, which the Gun devil probably wouldn't be able to.

my fear is that Makima has set this up, on purpose. All based on what Future devil told Aki

doesn't Makima bring Aki to Future devil in the first place?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
maybe denji is the dream and chainsaw is waking up

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

CodfishCartographer posted:

Y'all are making me want to try out JJK

you should it's solid, not a genre buster but perfectly serviceable. It took up the spot Promised Neverland did in my weekly rotation

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I really liked how this chapter played out. What it means for the overall story is fairly apocalyptic but it was delivered well

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
this is supposed to be a tender hearted scene but uhh that request

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Jerkface posted:

dont kinkshame

:hmmyes:

normally for sure but given Denji's current mental state that'd be a bit emotionally manipulative

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
beam is kinda interesting; he recognizes chainsaw devil and begins worshiping him. We aren't really told what their relationship is but there's obviously more going on in the story than we're led to believe

Simply because we're told all devils fear Chainsaw but why doesn't Beam?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
:tviv:

this train ain't got no brakes

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
isn't that just a form of shame?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

CodfishCartographer posted:

It's probably best not to think about these nitty gritty things too hard.

:hmmyes:

yeah this is just going to open up a can of worms like arguing over power levels does

I do agree that violence devil seems like it should be a much bigger deal than what we've seen. I hope previously defeated devils come back in some form

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Mulderman posted:

I have no words.

and I must scream

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

Yeah this was kind of stupid but if this is arc 1 of 3 I think we're just fleshing out motivations here.

Yeah this doesn't feel very endgame to me. Denji getting away and trying to start a new life is in the cards

I hoping for Makima to get loopholed by Denji's actual contract

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
hahhahaahha the future is the best

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chainsaw-man-chapter-83/chapter/21234

I wonder if Kishibe knew Denji was there or not. Did Makima bring Chainsaw, to her home, knowing this was going to happen?

that'd be some 4d chess

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I think it's sacrifice of life. There seems to be a running theme of sacrificing your body or life expectancy to gain devil powers

Everyone seems to be scared shitless of Makima. So I could see some people, especially those who got hosed over by her, saying gently caress it send me to hell if it means Makima dies

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
ok, that was some funny rear end poo poo. this manga is incredible

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah this mangaka understands the balance between seriousness and levity. Then uses that interplay to toy with the reader's expectations

or put another way: this manga manages to not jump shark. when it could easily disappear up its' own rear end

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

the protagonist literally jumped on a shark

yeah it was a fun goofy moment and people didn't immediately bail. which attests to the strength of the writer

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
makima stated that any damage done to her would manifest in the japanese populace. Are we about to see japan become post-apoc?

I don't see how we deescalate back to monster of the week format after this. makima has played her hand and poo poo is getting wild

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Fire Punch and Chainsawman are written by the same person :confused:

As for the chapter that last Makima panel was perfection. We haven't seen Kishibe for a bit. I wonder how the rest of Japan is going to respond to this

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Chainsaw ripping its own heart out and throwing it back to earth; is kinda similar to the scene in Fire Punch where Agni ripped off and tossed his own head

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
maybe provide some examples of what you thought was lacking? What you said is basically an empty statement

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I miss Denji and the slice of life interactions.
It doesn't feel like the manga is ending but I also don't know where we go from here

Kishibe is around and presumably still on the kill Makima plan tho

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Makima is trash!! Power you really are #1 :swoon:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
centipedes are just worms in eva suits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
what a wonderful chapter, and now that we have confirmation of end game for the story. Let the bloodgates open :gibs: