Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

They better not graphically kill the cat. I almost quit reading My Hero Academia and I don't want to see that poo poo again. Yeah I know this series has killed a bunch of people already but that sort of thing really sticks with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

fadam posted:

Why does a fictional cat getting killed bug you more than the hundreds of people we've seen violently get sliced up, shot, exploded, ripped in half, etc. over the past ~70 issues?

If you actually want an honest answer there's a level of extreme innocence to these pets that really makes me feel like poo poo when that happens. I also prefaced my earlier post expecting this exact responce since this thing really gets me despite the other brutality.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

This all feels incredibly sinister...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Reading this comic is being constantly on edge.

Also this is the worst

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm holding out hope this is some kind of mind power and Denji's still in the park but this comic has no chill so it's probably real :(

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

For some reason I kinda feel like Makima is also talking to the reader there and I can put my finger on why.

Also I have no idea where this is going anymore. This is almost too much of a bummer to keep up with...

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Aug 28, 2020

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I assume there's some goal here more than just punishing Denji since the body count is pretty high for all this just to screw with a kid because he killed someone as unimportant as his dad. At least we don't have to theorize about Makima anymore and she's just evil.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lurking Haro posted:

It strikes me as Pochita being in control and remembering Denji talking about hamburgers.

Yeah it's basically the same thing that happened with Ali and the snowball fight. I'm wondering in Denji is going to wake up and be even more depressed since it's not in his characters to hurt people randomly.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What even is this comic

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I laughed out loud at those two last panels

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

next chapter vague spoiler synopsis:

in which makima, having hosed around, finds out

Finally

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Darth TNT posted:

Excellent. I want to see thisend gloriously rather than be padded into infinity.

Yeah totally I'm stoked for this.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I will be super pissed though if Makima comes out on top in the end.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What does it say that I don't find that ending shocking whatsoever?

I really appreciate this manga that wanted to tell a story and did it.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I didn't want to say it before because everything was so crazy and the stakes for everyone was high but I was worried about the pets and I'm glad they are ok. Power would be happy

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

NowonSA posted:

Remember when Makima got shot in the head by a regular ol' gun and we were like "Oh holy cow she survived that, what a wild thing that was!"

Oh if we had only known what was to come.

Did they ever explain what happened with the prisoners that could be sacrificed to autokill anyone and why everyone else had to be blind folded and what contract that was or was it just one of her random powers? I feel like I missed some stuff sometimes.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Bucky doesn't lie, he was incredibly easy to kill if stumbling on him caused his guts to explode out

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 15, 2022

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lmao how did they even identify the bodies from last week?

I guess the president left behind like four heads...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like in the world of Chainsaw Man you have to be really good at identifying bodies from horrorgore

Yeah good point.

I kinda want this to go that War is so upfront and awkward around people that the only time we see her ability was the first chapter as no one ever falls for her without already having a crush on Mikaya leading to more and more frustration

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It would also be funny if War only knows Mikata from what it saw of her getting killed by a jealous classmate and incorrectly assumed she must be popular and thus a great host for its ability and instead unwittingly attached itself to the most unliked and unsocial girl in school

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Did they ever explain what happened to the gun devil in between it going crazy and killing everyone and then being split up into a bunch of pieces all over the world?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

chiasaur11 posted:

It's strongly implied that Pochita happened to it.

I thought at that time Pochita was causing a ruckus in Hell until he had to flee from the Four Horsemen and hide out with Denji

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Life in CSM universe seems incredibly cheap even if you aren't a devil hunter

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

War being "wear your shoes, your and by extension my feet hurt :(" was the highlight for me

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Crain posted:

We did...and it was.

I thought that was a friend like Power.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Lol that's a good typo

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The only thing maybe saving Yuko is that she is sending off so many death flags in a comic that is already pretty cavalier about offing characters that it's surprising if she doesn't die.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yuko has a pact with the Peace Devil and hyjinx ensue. It turns out the genre he wanted to write for this next chapter of Chainsaw Man was a wacky '70s style sitcom.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm thinking once she reveals her true nature her voice will change to heighten the impact.

Or maybe it won't and it will just be extra unnerving..

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Power is the best

Lt. Lizard posted:

I don't trust this poll, because I agree with almost every placement, instead of thinking "what is that character doing there, this is some bullshit" as is usual for most manga popularity polls.

yeah same here, I'm normally totally off from these

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I'm imagining how hilarious it would be if like Deku's Shoe was on the MHA top ten and it had to be included in one of the magic fantasy styles character top ten line ups.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I dunno. Denji not giving a poo poo about saving anyone seemed a little out of character but maybe things have changed since the last series and maybe he's more Chainsaw than Denji now.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Jerkface posted:

The chainsaw devil is the devil you cry out to save you from other devils, and then the chainsaw devil cuts apart everyone at the scene. that was said in part 1! I don't think Denji ever particularly valued human life either.

He did. When he was fighting Santa Claus he was rattled when she sent the doll people at him and had to be reminded that they were almost certainly beyond any sort of saving. Chainsaw Devil and Chainsaw Man aren't the same which was the problem Makima was trying to resolve.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Flair posted:

A person can change personality after not having seen them in a while? Impossible!?

I mean that's pretty much what I said might have happened

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the structure of asa's "i always trip at the critical moment" flashback was great. fujimoto just has such an ability to draw a story with so much more impact than a written summary would convey

Yeah that was really good.

I honestly don't have a sense of what the trolley question logic in the CSM universe is. Life is incredibly cheap and I figure that street preacher's statistics were actually pretty rosey but on the other hand what's the point of killing a devil that just comes back anyway?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Supremezero posted:

The trolley question logic in CSM works as thus

A trolley demon shows up, Chainsaw Man eats it, no more trolley problem.

:hmmyes:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Chainsaw Man: If you ask me chainsaw man hasn't eaten that cat

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

War having a pillow punching tantrum is hilarious

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

symbolic posted:

im losin my fuckin mind

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Electric Phantasm posted:

I bet War is still sulking and that's why she never popped up while Asa was with Denji.

All tuckered out