Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I wish I had more friendships like Denji and Power's friendship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

This manga really is just the best.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Power is the best character in Jump currently, holy poo poo.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Wow this new chapter sure has an intense opening.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Denji and Reze had more emotional depth in their relationship to this point than Bleach or Naruto had in their entire run between anyone.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

JamMasterJim posted:

Also, fanart for this week's chapter

This is really good.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

The Fire Punch author would never have someone fake crying at a movie.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

:(

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Makima has clearly been a villain since she killed Reze, who by the standards for this series, did nothing wrong.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I think that we may be close to some major plot and background reveals after this current fight concludes. So much major poo poo just happened, along with the reveal that we're still in the nineties, that I can't imagine we don't get a exposition dump or a time skip after this.

Then again, this is the fire punch author so anything is possible.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

The fact that anyone doing anything COULD be her behind it makes her all the more terrifying. People that know of her then cannot completely trust anyone, it's very possible she could turn anyone into a Manchurian candidate.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I'm guessing the fire devil is both a primal fear and is just the guy from fire punch.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I hope Denji snaps and can show Pochita his dreams of revenge.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

:stare:

This is a real fuckin wild comic book.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

My guess is the primal devils are darkness, fire, death, water/drowning, and maybe a devil of being hunted.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sindai posted:

The second time Kobeni tripped I laughed out loud.

Same. Christ, this series is so good.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I read this chapter while Guts' theme from Berserk was playing and it was very fitting.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I just want Kobeni to be okay and for Denji and Power to be buddies in hell.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I like to think that eating a devil takes away its power, however that works. Maybe eating the darkness devil means people can see fine in the dark, maybe it means theres only shade and no real darkness. The madness star might entirely disappear, but maybe it just stops making kids go mad and everyone forgets that it used to do that.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Chainsaw and Kobeni had a pretty decent date if you ignore all the murder.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Fujimoto is incredibly talented and this oneshot was great. I hope Fujimoto is doing okay.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

We're going to get Chainsaw Man anime, Uzumaki anime, and another season of Jujutsu Kaisen at the same time and the new anime renaissance will happen. This will pave the way for One Punch Man season 2 (real edition).

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Erasing poo poo from reality is absolutely a thing chainsaws can do, you just don’t realize it because the concept is erased so you forget.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I think we can all agree that Tatsuki Fujimoto is the absolute best in the business.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Fire Punch is good, but a little weird.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I just want to make it clear that Makima is trash, Makima is a nobody.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Many people dislike tomato, absolutely repulsed by it. Some folks are allergic to tomato, this can explain the fear.

Most fear of chickens is fleeting, reserved for children or city slickers getting chased by a rooster. Swan or goose devils would likely be much stronger.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I am looking forward to Denji fulfilling his contract with the Blood Devil by becoming friends with the blood devil’s next incarnation. I am sure this will be like three years away.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I would assume the primal fears would be darkness, fire, pain, water (drowning?), and blood. But we know blood isn’t a primal fear, so I’m off on at least one.

Early on I know a lot of people in this thread were assuming Makima would be the humanity devil, and while we know that’s not the case now, I’m still assuming there will be a very strong ‘humans’ or ‘people’ devil.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

Humans have never been that afraid of chainsaws it’s all devil based fear. It’s human adoration which weakened him not absence of fear as they never would have been that afraid of chainsaws

In the first few chapters Makima talks about how devils get strengthened by fear. She asks if getting cut by a blade sounds scary, then says “now imagine being cut by a chainsaw” and says that’s why Chainsaw is so powerful.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

What if we meet the fire devil and it’s Agni from Fire Punch

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Chainsaw Man is so good it’s almost unfair to any other comic on the market.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Denji finally getting to eat the same kind of cake that Power made for him is good.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I am so pumped for this anime adaptation of the greatest manga of the last decade.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Oh my loving God.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

They're all weak to whatever is going on with Kobeni.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I am guessing this season will end with Denji’s movie date with Makima since that’s right after Katana wraps up and right before Reze shows up. It would be a pretty decent spot to ‘end’ as well.

Someone mentioned the Bomb Girl arc as being a movie and that sounds fairly reasonable. I’d rather it just be a season but considering how profitable anime movies have been recently, it could be a thing.

Man, October kicks rear end.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I would just like to add that Makima is trash.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Just watched ep 2. I have a feeling Power is going to be even more popular with the anime only crowd than she was with the manga crows. I honestly thought Power was a bit annoying at first but she obviously grew on me pretty quickly, and by the end of part one I was quite attached.

I also can't really tell if the anime is making everything Makima says and does a bit more sinister than it came across in the manga or if that's just my own foreknowledge coloring everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

I have a different theory: This is Yuko’s literal older sister who has a stronger contract with the Justice devil and can therefore revive her.