Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's like how Koichi in Diamond is Unbreakable is 5'2" but standing next to any other character he's three feet tall at most.

I just burned through the series--it's a lot of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Xelkelvos posted:

Lied just getting owned by the brackets as though the organizers know

I mean it's not like he's been hiding his tail.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like Gyari. Kerori is clearly super excited that her gal pal is rising to the occasion as planned.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mary Annette posted:

Maybe I read it wrong but is a Gyari concert really 2 straight hours of heavy metal-flavored freestyle jazz? With scat singing and everything?

I think demons just really love jazz.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh hey, an anime announcement.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Or maybe it's just further evidence of his royalty.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
These bitches gay. I love them.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hey, new arc! A dinner with the Thirteen sounds high-stakes.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Iruma is Kuriboh, all the way.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Brought To You By posted:

There's also part 2 of the Kalego flashback arc
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/RVw8d3Z/1/1/
Young Balam is such an adorable cinnamon roll

Oh I absolutely love that the Sullivan/Young Opera relationship is exactly as you would expect.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
GODDAMMIT LET ME KNOW WHAT IRUMA WAS GOING TO SAY!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I forgot Sabnock is in, essentially, a history club. Seems to have given him time to think!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Sabro is so cool. I look forward to the inevitable arc involving his sister's freshman hijinx.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

PringleCreamEgg posted:

My theory is Clara has really big or evil or gross looking wings and she is embarrassed about them because she likes the cute aesthetic.

Like if Makima from Chainsaw Man had wings.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I've finally caught up on the anime. Rare that an anime polishes a manga this much!

I really appreciate how androgynous Opera sounds in both the english and japanese dubs.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
You know, Iruma and Kallego's familiar summoning contract is only binding for one year. I wonder if Iruma will get a proper familiar this year!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Really love the new chapter of Iruma. It's the first day of the second year and all the new students are wowed by the class!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Her shoujo levels are off the charts!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Amelie is going to fight a BABY

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Nihilarian posted:

ice idol beastmaster girl's little sister i think

Yeah, during the Devidol Games arc (whatever it was called, you know what I mean), they teased like she was gonna sub in as a member but she iced right up instead.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

LostRook posted:

Most relevantly, the one Iruma saved from getting crushed during the cavalry battle.

Here's the page where she fell in love:

Goddamn, the surest way to get someone to fall for you in Hell is to save their life, isn't it?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I was eagerly anticipating this plot and I am not disappointed. I do hope Iruma gets a cool new familiar though!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It was unexpected and amazing to see Purson to be the first one to get in on the fun. I didn't realize he was so invested in Fluffy-Kallego! Or maybe he's betting on the renewal going through.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Cat's in the school what will they do? What will they do?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Some volume extras dropped. Cat tricks are featured.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Here's the team roster, for easy reference

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I'm most worried about Team Purson, really.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Big senpai energy.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

New chapter up!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

She's really into the role!

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

M_Gargantua posted:

Turns out she's the maternal figure in his life that Iruma always deserved

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Brought To You By posted:

So I get the impression that Ifrit-sensei is like Kalego in that they don't have a traditional familiar and have some kind of animate mana that's unique to their bloodlines. Also Alice did all that just to slightly annoy a teacher is a nice way to keep the educators on top. RIP my boy Camui, he'll rebound next chapter I'm sure.

Nope, Camui is dead! Didn't you see the "DED!" sound effect?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The Misfits translation is a little better. Zeze's power seems slightly different and more interesting, also I didn't catch this before but it seems like the other two are psyching him up/powering him up by saying they love him? Stuff surrounding Caim is more in-character as well, though it's subtle.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Xelkelvos posted:

One really big thing that this arc is doing well is reminding readers that the teachers are A: Very powerful as befitting their rank and B: Demons. That despite half of them mostly existing as a joke or are normally seen being doofuses, they also have a twisted side as befitting the members of their species.

One thing this chapter helped me realize is that, looking back, Robin is the sort of atypical demon who Barbatos said would be good at archery. Even if he's naive, he's generally nice and most importantly patient.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
To be fair, Crocell was using a different kind of seduction! She's an evidol, after all. It's the sort of appeal that makes you empty your bank account for handshake events, figurines, and posters.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
They're also getting pushed to their limits, which is helping some of them develop. The rest who are knocked out quickly just learn they have a long way to go.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

amigolupus posted:

One thing that would really make this arc amazing for me is if this whole event turns out to be a trap for Atori (and by extension, Shiida). While this is still something the teachers came up with to take the Misfits down a peg, Sullivan and Balam use this as a chance to test Atori and Shiida's characters. In a high-energy and low-stakes event like this, Balam must be watching what the two will do, and Atori's already letting his real personality slip through.

Page one, next chapter, Sullivan is effortlessly holding back Atori's blow, saying "I see you've finally shown your hand..."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, I don't think Balam is in trouble here. This dude may be one of the Fingers but Balam is one of the toughest demons we know of.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Shiida looks really surprised to be jumping in to save Iruma. I think she's being genuine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
It's wild to see Sullivan flex, just a little, and he absolutely incapacitates Atori.