Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

:smuggo:

Edit: From bottom of last page:

http://twitter.com/GirlsFrontlineE/status/1198808172229619714

Ibblebibble fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Nov 25, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
New Christmas story?

Can't wait to see what bullshit our dolls get into this time.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
It's just going to be the Commander walking around, drunk and depressed, drunkenly yelling at all these dolls decorating for Christmas that all his friends are dead and they're all war criminals now.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I'm pretty sure this is the background we'll be getting, the 2018 one.

But wait, what's this?

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Welp, almost 400 contracts down with just the one AK-12 at the very beginning and zero AN-94. But hey, at least three Ballista from crates...

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Just finished chapter 2 of Singularity tonight, really strange, but all I really need now is to finish chapter 3 and the secret stages (going to wait for MP7's skill to max first) and then maybe grabbing HK416's equip then I'm... Done? I've already got the exclusive drop dolls, got the like one login doll I was missing, so really despite my slow pace I'm already nearly finished.

Ranking can go gently caress itself, not putting the time and resources into that to very slightly improve a doll I will never use. Will do one turn for gems, but that's it.

Also, my ammo count feels really low at 265k. I have a problem.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

For the last mission of chapter 2, is fighting Agent unavoidable? Can you kite her out and capture the base?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Between the 5 turn limit and needing to have Agent chase an echelon at least twice, I'm not sure it's possible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

guess I wont be getting this done. :v:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm pretty sure you have to fight her. Good thing that Chapter 2 Agent is the easiest Agent fight.

Chapter 2 Hidden Agent though :getin:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If that's the easy fight then why're all my girls dead :v

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Some of us are bitter vets who have been playing this for way too long. :v:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
Behold the Griffon Cannon formation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncnLXysy9o

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

:eyepop: that judge kill

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

How do people move like that? They're on an emulator right? There's no way I could do that on a phone.

Also, post-Singularity spoilers - I know we're moving into stuff that isn't in EN yet but I'm curious now and have to know - Are Griffin going to be hunted down by the military or does all this get dropped as rogue elements or Kryuger taking the fall or something? I just can't imagine a world where Griffin is allowed to go back to their heavily armored compound filled with a robot army and not get nuked to glass, but clearly you go on a beach vacation and have enough resources to throw a Christmas party. How do things end up okay for our Commander?

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Nov 25, 2019

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Just need AK5 now for 100% index completion :toot:

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
all the movement tech in this game can be done on phone if youre bonkers good. pd negev for example does stuff i cant even do on emulator.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

New Leaf posted:

How do people move like that? They're on an emulator right? There's no way I could do that on a phone.

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

all the movement tech in this game can be done on phone if youre bonkers good. pd negev for example does stuff i cant even do on emulator.

PD Negev uses a tablet because emulators can't use multiple fingers to have slow motion on while you're hovering over the retreat button and having a larger surface area to click stuff is easier.

New Leaf posted:

Also, post-Singularity spoilers - I know we're moving into stuff that isn't in EN yet but I'm curious now and have to know - Are Griffin going to be hunted down by the military or does all this get dropped as rogue elements or Kryuger taking the fall or something? I just can't imagine a world where Griffin is allowed to go back to their heavily armored compound filled with a robot army and not get nuked to glass, but clearly you go on a beach vacation and have enough resources to throw a Christmas party. How do things end up okay for our Commander?

You'll find out in Continuum Turbulence.

We get drafted by the FSB to do their bidding. We can keep the G&K name and have a base, but we don't do what they say, it's the firing squad.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Mentioned this in the Discord but I recently finished the Singularity story and poo poo is wild.

Me at the beginning of Ch. 3: "Yeah there's no way they're going to do the war crimes."

*several missions later*

"Holy poo poo they did the war crimes!"

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/girlsfrontlinek/status/1198904631738265605

It's pretty cool that some of the more neglected girls are getting skins now.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
M2HB is a perfect addition to my MGSG squad. Took her out for Negev when I had to fight Agent, though.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/girlsfrontlinek/status/1198904631738265605

It's pretty cool that some of the more neglected girls are getting skins now.

The skin is cool, but I'd rather she get an exclusive equipment with some accuracy and a single extra shot compared to a regular ammo box. :v:

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Cool so I guess the latest skins are gonna be GFL does Ridge Racer

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Monolith. posted:

M2HB is a perfect addition to my MGSG squad. Took her out for Negev when I had to fight Agent, though.

You did Agent with MGSG? :eyepop:

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

You did Agent with MGSG? :eyepop:

They almost made it and would have made it if not for the shield insta-kill. Squad is PKP, MG5, M2HB, K5, and SAT8. I ended up finishing Agent with my rifle squad: Grape/Strawberry Cano, SVD, Jill Stingray, and Ithaca.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Monolith. posted:

They almost made it and would have made it if not for the shield insta-kill. Squad is PKP, MG5, M2HB, K5, and SAT8. I ended up finishing Agent with my rifle squad: Grape/Strawberry Cano, SVD, Jill Stingray, and Ithaca.

I assume this was Chapter 2 Agent? Gonna have a bad day with Chap 3 Agent with all the running you'll need to do, but I respect you taking her on with MGSG/RFHG and winning.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

Yeah Ch 2 Agent. Chapter 3 looks pretty rough so I'm not sure if I'll be able to finish Singularity. Ch 3 rewards don't look that great and I got all the doll drops besides Honey Badger and Thunder.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Am I the only one who just keeps a single full-time night echelon and then feels bad because their effectiveness is half that of daytime combat echelons? :negative:

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The solution is to make an echelon that is buff enough to do both day and night missions at the same time. This is actually quite possible, in multiple variations!

One of the easier ones is using M4A1 Mod and then two RoF buffing handguns (Stetchkin and M950 are the best but I suppose you could use others). With only three people on the field, she'll blow everything the gently caress up with her big gun effortlessly.

If you have her, you can also just do IWS and 4 ROF buffing handguns.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lemon-Lime posted:

Am I the only one who just keeps a single full-time night echelon and then feels bad because their effectiveness is half that of daytime combat echelons? :negative:

I kinda do that, except I'll also put on night gear for my real echelons and largely just avoid running night stuff.
I like some of the mechanics they largely only have in night enemies, but really don't like tanking my formations with pistols

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I feel like night maps make my echelons even stronger because it means I have an excuse to slap Mk23 in front of STAR mod3 and make her murderise even better.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
the classic m4/ar-15/g11 (or an-94 now) echelon works great at night if you swap m4 with like grizzly. umps tiles arent as good anymore but smoke grenades are still useful, and vector cleans up.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

My favoured night echelon is M4/STAR/AN94 or G36/MT (usually 45)/Mk23. b formation with Mk23 in front of STAR. Pretty much a war crime echelon.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
mk23 is pretty funny at night. its pretty hard to take a good day team and make it bad at night unless youre like forgetting to put peqs on

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Ibblebibble posted:

Pretty much a war crime echelon.

it's only a war crime if you don't do enough damage and leave a sangvee/army bot alive to tell the tale :clint:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I feel like when we get sop back I shouldn't let her hang out with m4, because the latter will be a bad influence. :ohdear:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just want the team back together

*monkeys paw curls up*

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

I just want the team back together

*monkeys paw curls up*

Fun fact, all 5 members of the AR team, past and present, have never been in the team at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Squiddycat posted:

I got the Goblin Smasher costume but idk literally anything about Darkest Dungeon so I'm not sure why the costume is cool

It just looks really cool? Also it's rare to see waifus in heavy armor.