Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Conrad_Birdie posted:

I came to terms with a lot of things during quarantines and lockdown, and I’m not spending anymore of my life not being 100% myself.

My gut feelings say this is going to be a very common line of reasoning for peeps over the next couple years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

My biggest regret in not admitting this all to myself sooner is that college would have been a lot more fun. I'm in my 30s now and have only been with women, and it bums me out to think that the window to experiment and everything is closer to closing than opening.

I was out young but in a very hosed up small town where 1) there weren't a lot of other out people and 2) a decent amount of the ones who were, including me, dealt with harassment (some at work, some like me at school). College was way way better, but also kinda hosed me up in that I wish I'd had that type of environment earlier in my life too and I've also been left with a lot of doubt on what could have been

I'm committed to doing what I can to make up for that, I'm in a bit of a better place right now but also I'm saving up to move to NY where some friends are (I was already bummed out I couldn't visit them for Pride this month due to work). I'd rather be a small fish in a big ocean with lots to explore and try than continue to just be stuck in ponds that feel cramped, if that makes sense. I've spent far too much of my life dealing with depression, and now a year of COVID isolation added on to that, to not give myself a better chance at happiness than I've had

Also it's been really satisfying to see this thread get more posts this weekend

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Hi, I'm Cath. I'm demi-ace.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

My biggest regret in not admitting this all to myself sooner is that college would have been a lot more fun. I'm in my 30s now and have only been with women, and it bums me out to think that the window to experiment and everything is closer to closing than opening.

I've been with my wife since we were 18 and in college. Despite coming out, I don't regret it a bit getting with her or staying with her. She's the best. Having a partner through all of life's bullshit was way more rewarding than anything else I ever wanted. I think we're gonna make it the distance. Hell we've already been together for 17 years and we're only 35

Shard fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jun 13, 2021

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Hell yeah, Shard!!

Barry Scott
Jan 2, 2009
Hi I'm Barry Scott and I'm bisexual/pan (dont really feel strongly either way about the labels) I love all of you posters for helping me feel a little less horrible about myself <3

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanks for the encouraging words about feeling like an old boob past his good years. I guess it's just easier to think about your past and know what you've potentially missed out on versus thinking of the future and what's still to come.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Thanks for the encouraging words about feeling like an old boob past his good years. I guess it's just easier to think about your past and know what you've potentially missed out on versus thinking of the future and what's still to come.

I know the past feels like it flew by but really think about how long you've been on this planet and how much longer you have. You have plenty of time to live the life you want to live :)

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

That's the trap of ruminating over the past. You can't go back, your decisions (for better or worse) are made and done. There's nothing anyone can do to change it. The future inherently carries uncertainty, and you can never truly know how things will work out, but I can say, with all due conviction, that living your life the way you want to going forward will make you much much happier.

People (read: hets) will say poo poo like "oh you're just experimenting, you don't really know what you want," etc. My response has always been, yeah I did a lot of experimenting, and the experiments were a complete success so I never stopped. Experimenting with your sexuality and gender can be awkward, anxiety-inducing, and can even fail outright, and all that's perfectly ok because now you know, and can adjust your life accordingly for maximum happiness!

Barry Scott posted:

Hi I'm Barry Scott and I'm bisexual/pan (dont really feel strongly either way about the labels) I love all of you posters for helping me feel a little less horrible about myself <3

hi Barry you are cool, please enjoy this gif of Daddy Effy being cool as well

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Barry Scott posted:

now I'm just imagining this in the cadence of the Cillit Bang guy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mfcrocker posted:

:same:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

HI! Barry Scott here. Limescale! Rust! Ground-in dirt! These stains can be a problem for some household cleaners, but not for BISEXUAL/PAN!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

mfcrocker posted:

HI! Barry Scott here. Limescale! Rust! Ground-in dirt! These stains can be a problem for some household cleaners, but not for BISEXUAL/PAN!

Some household sprays clean counters! Other household sprays clean floors! Cillit Bang works BOTH WAYS!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Ganso Bomb posted:

I came to the same realization last year and struggled with the bi/pan thing. From everything I read, some people interpret bi with two genders and others see it as essentially pan whereas pan seems to be explicitly regardless of gender.

It's all confusing, even more confusing when I was looking up what the pan flag looked like and saw a bunch of drama about the person who created it and just gave up diving deep on anything.

I like whoever regardless of however they identify, and I guess I'll call it pan and everyone else can call it whatever they want.

As a long-suffering note? It's generally not bi people pushing that interpretation outside of transphobic chuds who need to be returned to the sea.

Biphobia's a bitch sometimes. Too many gay folks see bi as 'still has one foot still in the closet', and I wish they wouldn't.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Liquid Communism posted:

As a long-suffering note? It's generally not bi people pushing that interpretation outside of transphobic chuds who need to be returned to the sea.

Biphobia's a bitch sometimes. Too many gay folks see bi as 'still has one foot still in the closet', and I wish they wouldn't.

Yeah, by "some people" I basically meant like, my mom and my aunts and uncles. The general public or whatever you want to call it. Case in point, I tweeted about being out as pansexual recently and an old friend replied "I've heard of pan searing, what's pansexual?". And it's like clearly a joke and I don't think this person is meaning it in a harmful or hurtful way, but I also 1000% believe they've probably never heard the term before and have no touchstone for what it means.

Didn't mean any harm myself with how I phrased my original post, just thinking of the people I love who are farthest away from this community and these conversations and how they perceive all of this.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Liquid Communism posted:

Too many gay folks see bi as 'still has one foot still in the closet', and I wish they wouldn't.

The thing I don't get about this is so the gently caress what? We all know sexuality is fluid and someone may call themself bi one day and gay the next then bi the day after (yes I do this) and like, who cares? It's just a loving label, there's nothing wrong with changing it

Barry Scott
Jan 2, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

That was a little treat for my fellow UK posters ;)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Ganso Bomb posted:

Yeah, by "some people" I basically meant like, my mom and my aunts and uncles. The general public or whatever you want to call it. Case in point, I tweeted about being out as pansexual recently and an old friend replied "I've heard of pan searing, what's pansexual?". And it's like clearly a joke and I don't think this person is meaning it in a harmful or hurtful way, but I also 1000% believe they've probably never heard the term before and have no touchstone for what it means.

Didn't mean any harm myself with how I phrased my original post, just thinking of the people I love who are farthest away from this community and these conversations and how they perceive all of this.

You didn't do any, no worries there! Just long, long frustration. :D

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

you're cool and good, old timers such as myself are just hypervigilant because we're riddled with ptsd from being Veterans Of Domestic Wars. I post with nothing but love in this, the greatest of psp threads.

also the new queer bar is certified as Very Cool and I had a good time trying new brews surrounded by homos. it was very wholesome seeing the leather daddies/boys returning to the wild in their natural habitat.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
dark sheik, extremely Cool Wrestler, is putting a show on in Vegas next week featuring many favs like Jamie Senegal and the people on this poster
|
I
I
I
I
I
I
|
V

i don’t know if i’m going to go go i’m still scared of the roni lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I hope everyone's seen the Effy vs Parrow Last Daddy Standing match on NPU(exclusively on IWTV).

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Effy took a sick bump

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Seems like a couple of the Ryse commentators last night were deliberately misgendering known gendertrash Sterling and ended up yeeted off the show

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/1406428799915466755?s=19

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Yesterday was solstice and I spent it naked in a beach covered in glitter.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Yesterday was solstice and I spent it naked in a beach covered in glitter.

nature is healing

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I recommend finding a nude beach in your area and doing that.

Also with mushrooms.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Mushrooms are good stuff, but man do I not think I'd want to do them near water lol

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I recommend finding a nude beach in your area and doing that.

Also with mushrooms.

here in Portland we have Rooster Rock Beach, affectionately known as Cock Rock

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Now I want a genre called Cock Rock

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Shard posted:

Now I want a genre called Cock Rock

It exists, but sadly isn't what you're hoping :(

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Omfg someone brought that up last night and I thought they were loving with me lmao

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Omfg someone brought that up last night and I thought they were loving with me lmao

it's real and it owns lol, we also have clothing optional hot springs but those have gone downhill as they've slowly morphed into het tourist destinations

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I've never been to a nude beach or covered in glitter, wtf

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
I’ve been to cock rock. It was cold iykwim

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Ganso Bomb posted:

Why

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

follow ur dreams

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

At the gym and just discovered Elliot Page looks great.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/elliot-page-posts-first-shirtless-pic-after-life-saving-top-surgery

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Went to the doctor yesterday to get checked out because I've been having some trouble catching a deep breath every now and then. We've done two things out in public since being vaccinated, so with the delta variant and the world being miserable I figured I'd get a regular checkup and a covid test. I'm covid negative, but did find out some interesting things about myself – I apparently have some scoliosis, and may have had pneumonia at some point in my life according to a little bit of scarring on one of my lungs. How exciting!

Everything else seems good, but there are a lot of factors that could be leading to my breathing woes – I realized halfway through the visit that I went and got a covid test *last* June as well because I was feeling the same way, so I'm wondering if I have some weird new summer allergies. I mentioned it to my family last night as well and my sister apparently gets the same thing once a year and was diagnosed with pleurisy which she's prescribed steroids for. She also has scoliosis which was news to me.

Last night I just got an inhaler to see if that helps manage things. I've been under a lot of stress lately, last week especially, with all of the house selling/buying stuff and I'm sure that plays some part in it. I'm already feeling a little bit lighter knowing that there isn't anything serious going on inside of me (no covid, no collapsed lungs, no heart attack coming on) so maybe part of it was mental/stress-related.

Overall, happy to be not dying and posting here with you bunch of weirdos.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

Went to the doctor yesterday to get checked out because I've been having some trouble catching a deep breath every now and then. We've done two things out in public since being vaccinated, so with the delta variant and the world being miserable I figured I'd get a regular checkup and a covid test. I'm covid negative, but did find out some interesting things about myself – I apparently have some scoliosis, and may have had pneumonia at some point in my life according to a little bit of scarring on one of my lungs. How exciting!

Everything else seems good, but there are a lot of factors that could be leading to my breathing woes – I realized halfway through the visit that I went and got a covid test *last* June as well because I was feeling the same way, so I'm wondering if I have some weird new summer allergies. I mentioned it to my family last night as well and my sister apparently gets the same thing once a year and was diagnosed with pleurisy which she's prescribed steroids for. She also has scoliosis which was news to me.

Last night I just got an inhaler to see if that helps manage things. I've been under a lot of stress lately, last week especially, with all of the house selling/buying stuff and I'm sure that plays some part in it. I'm already feeling a little bit lighter knowing that there isn't anything serious going on inside of me (no covid, no collapsed lungs, no heart attack coming on) so maybe part of it was mental/stress-related.

Overall, happy to be not dying and posting here with you bunch of weirdos.

I can't wait till we're posting in our 80s on here. Glad you're not dying :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Shard posted:

I can't wait till we're posting in our 80s on here. Glad you're not dying :D

Thanks! Also looking forward to getting my :10bux: worth for the rest of my life.

Incidentally, while looking up stuff I can to do alleviate or help with scoliosis I found out Cody Rhodes also has scoliosis. Turns out bleaching our hair, petting dogs, and loving wrestling aren't the only things we have in common.