Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

BIG GAY BRUNCH ALL OUT WEEKEND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1410026852501106690

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Jokes on you the forums will be lost in the First Internet War of 2042

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

No way. We'll be the survivor due to being overlooked by the heavy hitters.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

BIG GAY BRUNCH ALL OUT WEEKEND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1410026852501106690

*Bangs table*

DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Rarity posted:

Oh wow we have a lot longer to go than I expected

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpffbYDipoE

Also also

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

"who I am in the streets, going to the grocery store, you know whatever, that's my fake character I present to the public"

dang, calling me out

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

"who I am in the streets, going to the grocery store, you know whatever, that's my fake character I present to the public"

dang, calling me out

Strong 'Bruce Wayne is the mask, Batman is the real person' vibes

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Rarity posted:

hell ya

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Rarity posted:

I mean if Batman streamed Giant Panda matches, sure.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

welp, couldn't find the #SpeakingOut thread, but: https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/1415505631801380870?s=19

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1416177750872887299?s=19

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

effy
Effy
Effy!
EFFY!!!
EFFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It's the last ticket I need to get for that weekend.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

effy
Effy
Effy!
EFFY!!!
EFFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It's the last ticket I need to get for that weekend.

Please get loaded and get gay as hell for me.

Vancouver will have its day...

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Just got the clear to close on the house we're buying, so as long as everyone is as motivated as we are (and the sellers seem to be) we could be sticking to our original close date of this Friday to procure our slightly haunted, 100+ year-old house built on an old graveyard. Friday being Friday The 13th is not lost on us.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Holy poo poo that's goth as hell

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TTBF posted:

Holy poo poo that's goth as hell

I may actually cry if it doesn't happen on Friday, it's just too perfect.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Ganso Bomb posted:

Just got the clear to close on the house we're buying, so as long as everyone is as motivated as we are (and the sellers seem to be) we could be sticking to our original close date of this Friday to procure our slightly haunted, 100+ year-old house built on an old graveyard. Friday being Friday The 13th is not lost on us.

I used to be a walking guide for a ghost hunting tour ama

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I used to be a walking guide for a ghost hunting tour ama

Ah, that's fun! So far what we know about the house/property is:
- Was built on a graveyard (or "burial yard" historical marker outside of the house designates it)
- Most of the bodies were moved to a garden cemetery when those started becoming popular
- At least one body was not moved, that of a solider who was killed in the War of 1812 and buried without a marker because they didn't want British soldiers to gently caress with him
- From stories we've found online and from friends/folks we know who knew the people who lived in that house, there is apparently a soldier who roams the third floor of the house

The family that lived there before us was there for like 50 years or something and raised 4 or 5 kids in the house, so if the house actually IS haunted we're assuming it's nothing too crazy because I doubt they would have put up with that for all of those years if it was scary or anything.

Update: we'll be closing next Friday instead. No spooky day closing for us, but that's okay.

Ganso Bomb fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Aug 10, 2021

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1430007352778969089

also I'm watching doom patrol, are yall watching doom patrol cause you need to watch doom patrol

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Well, we did it! We officially moved into the (slightly) haunted house built on an old graveyard as of one week ago. Today's my first day back to work (we both have remove jobs, which is always helpful during a stupid move) so we'll see how the house feels and how things kind of flow. It was one of the coolest mornings of the last week so I took advantage and had breakfast on the wraparound porch looking at big ole trees. It's not too bad.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

So who else is going to Effy’s Big Gay Brunch?

Right now I’m rifling through outfit choices

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'll be watching live on PPV

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Update from Effy’s Big Gay Brunch: everyone is walking around telling each other how fabulous we are :glomp:

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Update from Effy’s Big Gay Brunch: everyone is walking around telling each other how fabulous we are :glomp:

I am so drat jealous, its me the jelly man

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Oh gently caress, I'd completely missed that there's going to be a UK Big Gay Brunch in Liverpool on Eurovision weekend. Now I'm doubly sad I didn't get Eurovision tickets :smith:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

mfcrocker posted:

Oh gently caress, I'd completely missed that there's going to be a UK Big Gay Brunch in Liverpool on Eurovision weekend. Now I'm doubly sad I didn't get Eurovision tickets :smith:

WHAT I'M GOING I NEED TO GET TIX IMMEDIATELY IF STILL AVAILABLE

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Pinwiz11 posted:

WHAT I'M GOING I NEED TO GET TIX IMMEDIATELY IF STILL AVAILABLE

You're welcome

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Thanks! Got my ticket.

This Bucket List trip keeps getting better!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Effy is nice and smells good.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Someday when my health is sorted I'm gonna pilgrimage to Big Gay Brunch, still very excited to sit on a couch with my partner and small dog and hoot and holler for homos tho

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

thamk you little rowlet for bringing this event to everyone's attention. now it's time for a well-earned rest

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
If anyone is at BGB UK tonight, hit me up. I'm in a black dress and will have a big ol enby flag on me

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

mfcrocker posted:

If anyone is at BGB UK tonight, hit me up. I'm in a black dress and will have a big ol enby flag on me

It was great to meet you!

(I've missed seeing Session Moth wrestle)

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Pinwiz11 posted:

It was great to meet you!

(I've missed seeing Session Moth wrestle)

Likewise! A good fun show :)

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Did y'all get to meet Effy?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

ARMBAR A COP posted:

https://twitter.com/TheDashingAdnan/status/1658220198963597313?t=Vs8aSVS_a92qzXSeJCpB_g&s=19

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Wow I'm glad this subforum and thread exists. I've been around the forum mostly lurking since college and have been craving a place where I can both be queer and talk about wrestling, and what do you know. Much like...all my friends, the pandemic definitely helped me figure out my queerness in both sexuality and gender, and after some deeply complicated personal experiences that threw me out of wrestling for years (both as a worker and as a fan) I got bitten by the bug all over again in the run up to Mania, sticking around mostly thanks to Wrestle Universe and AEW Revolution. It's nice to be back into something that meant so much to me once upon a time, with my only regret being that I was so deeply closeted when I was a worker. But hey, I hear good things about being queer in your 30s, so here's hoping for a bright and colorful future.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Being queer in your 30's rocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I got a pic with Thrussy, I'll post it if I look good in it.

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Wow I'm glad this subforum and thread exists. I've been around the forum mostly lurking since college and have been craving a place where I can both be queer and talk about wrestling, and what do you know. Much like...all my friends, the pandemic definitely helped me figure out my queerness in both sexuality and gender, and after some deeply complicated personal experiences that threw me out of wrestling for years (both as a worker and as a fan) I got bitten by the bug all over again in the run up to Mania, sticking around mostly thanks to Wrestle Universe and AEW Revolution. It's nice to be back into something that meant so much to me once upon a time, with my only regret being that I was so deeply closeted when I was a worker. But hey, I hear good things about being queer in your 30s, so here's hoping for a bright and colorful future.

Welcome!