Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!
Trigger warning: my dog passed away this morning. I'm looking for a little advice.

My dog died suddenly this morning.

She's always been a very picky eater, I typically make their food and mix it with kibble.

Sometimes when I don't make the food I feed them straight kibble.

3 days ago she skipped three meals in a row (I feed morning and night) because it was all kibble and I was a little bit worried about it and I was going to take her to the vet, but yesterday morning since I had made food she ate it all.

I noticed at this time that she seemed a little wobbly and I kind of marked it off to her having skipped meals.

She ate last night again with no issues and this morning she slid off of her bed and onto the floor lost control of her bowels and by the time I took her to the vet she was passing away.

The vet said that there was blood in her stomach and postulated it could be a cancer that went undetected.

I'm actually a little worried now that somebody may have poisoned her and I'm just looking to see because the necropsy is $800.

Everything I'm reading about poisoning mentions vomiting, and it was early this morning she didn't have a chance to go outside and eat anything...

I'm wondering if anybody knows about any sudden onset poisoning or possibly maybe some longer form poisoning. I have three other dogs and I'm terrified.

My baby was a 9 year old White German Shepard, no issues besides being a picky eater most of her life.

I'm wondering now if she's had tumors in her belly for a long time or if somebody hurt her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feverish and oversexed
Mar 9, 2007

I LOVE the galley!

Carebear posted:

CVT here. This does not sound like a toxin to me. Most likely culprit would be a splenic mass, especially given her breed and age. I'm really sorry for your loss.

After a lot more researching and looking back on her past behaviors, and how she acts around food vs the other dogs I think it's also unlikely she was poisoned, which sets my mind to rest about the other dogs. Thank you for your consideration.