Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

edit: nm, I'm sorry

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

As for Rule 3: Oh, no, I wasn't trying to shill for donations! I know that's a no-no across all the forums (except that one guy in GBS who gets away with it for translating manga? The gently caress's up with that?) I was just wondering what options or advice anyone could give me.

Thanks for the support. As re-payment for your kind words, here is a video of the fella in question. His name is Fitz, but my nickname for him (well, back when he was fat) is Tubby. I found a record in the thrift store one day of a kid's story called "Tubby the Tuba" and sampled the hell out of it. Also there's a brief tribute to other pets I have known. Enjoy, if you like cute pet pictures and goofy music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dktoM5UiqW8

I'm in a bit of a better headspace today and will call the local no-kill shelter (now there's some irony: "hey I know you don't put down animals; where I can that done for free" aaaaaugh this sucks). Maybe they can save me some phone calls and point me towards a sympathetic vet.

Thanks again, y'all.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

YeahTubaMike posted:

My cat has a fractured pelvis. She apparently had a hip/pelvis injury before I even adopted her, and she (I) re-aggravated it by tossing her gently off of the couch for the millionth time (she landed awkwardly and skidded into my radiator). Give her activity level, this was an absolute inevitability, but I still feel very guilty.

Before you all tell me to go to the vet, the fractured pelvis diagnosis came from a vet/radiologist team, and the next step is the orthopedist. Hooray. :smith:

Don"t beat yourself up with guilt, YTM. I had no idea my Pusp had kidney failure until the time I shooed her gently off the couch and she just plain flopped on her side instead of doing the "cats always land on their feet" thing and I took her to vet. Cats are stupid good at hiding their illness/pain, they are stoic as gently caress.

Wishing all the best for you and your kitty.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

My 2 yo cat Mars had been acting a bit weird (sluggish, not begging to go outside, very quiet despite being a chatterbox ginger) and having runny poops, sometimes outside the box. His sister Eartha has seemed fine.

Husband took a close look at Mars's butt today and yuck, he's got the telltale signs of a tapeworm (don't read if eating: looks like bits of rice or sesame seeds stuck to his butthole). It being a holiday weekend, I ran up to Petco to get some OTC dewormer, since I don't know when we'll get into a vet.

Should I dose Eartha as well as Mars? She's eating fine, playing/meowing normally, and doesn't seem affected in any way, except maybe a bit down cuz her bro is sleeping in weird spots like the linen closet instead of snuggling with her on their cat tree like usual. :(

The med is praziquantel, 23 mg. I just don't want to drug Eartha if she's okay, especially without the advice of a vet. Pamphlet inside the box ain't giving me any advice.