Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Me and the wife got a shelter kitty on the 7th of this month. All black domestic long hair. He's a cutie and was super talkative at the shelter, thus why we got him. Anyway, the shelter had a cat flu going around, and wouldn't you know it our guy got it. He was pretty active the first couple days he got home, but as the flu virus took full effect, he kinda just became a lethargic guy. Snot bubbles, nose whistles, cat sneezes the works! Refuses to eat or drink.

We took him to the vet saturday, and yup, he had a viral infection. Fever of 105. So we get some antibiotics for the guy. The vet showed us a way to hand feed him and got some wet food to go. The vet requested a stool sample so they can send it off to the lab to determine if he has any worms or what-not.

Flash forward to now; he doesn't eat still. He doesn't drunk. We hand feed him wets and have to syringe water into his mouth. He fights us (non-violent, just very squirmy) and sometimes spits the food out his mouth. He pissed once after the vet and he hasn't used the litter box since! He laid a fat stinker the day we got him home on Tuesday and he literally has not dooked since.

Idk what to do here. I called the vet for some information to make sure this isn't like a Serious issue but as a dumb dumb on the internet I feel like not making GBS threads for 5 days is kinda really bad. His tum doesn't feel hard or anything and I massage his gutz daily to try and stimulate a bowel movement.

When I hear back from the vet I'm making a new appointment for sure.

Tldr; my 1 year old shelter kitty don't poo poo no gooder. And I need that poo poo to put in a toob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU