Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Vets are assholes for the most part. They treat pet owners like morons and have huge egos while actively loving up, a lot.

Petplan is good, Embrace is good, Nationwide is good. That's about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Dixville posted:

I'm sorry for whatever happened to make you feel that way. The truth is that veterinarians are human. They make mistakes like anyone. They also can't always control whether their treatment actually works or not.

Just as an aside veterinarians also have a significantly higher suicide risk than the general population, probably due in part to our access to lethal means (drugs) but mostly because of the stress of the work.

Well we're off to a great start I think!

You're welcome for the answer. You definitely fit in with them. Don't self euth or trip over your own victim complex.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I'm typing as best I can while sobbing, but

Do vets exist that do pro bono or payment plan euthanasia? I'm jobless and 3 steps away from being homeless, and my 18 year old cat is... well, it's time. I've been gearing up for this (I've had to take That Trip To The Vet before), but things are rapidly going south with my old catte and on top of my own miserable situation I'm having a hard time even Googling this poo poo, all the vets websites say "call us!" I can barely loving type this, I can't talk to anyone on the phone in this state.

It's time, I know it's time, and I don't know what to do.

If this isn't the right thread to ask, I'm sorry.

I don't have messages on here right now, but if you wanna email darkmagenta69@repeatxdu.com I'll see what I can do to help you out

E: and this is against this subforum rule #3 sorta-ish but not really but LAB isn't gonna shoot you for it.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The Sean posted:

Over the past few days my cat has started to constantly lick his arm in the same area and now this has progressed to him being without hair on a few inches of his arm. We're trying to constantly keep him under watch but if he's awake he's trying to lick it. I think this is referred to as a hot spot. We called vets in our area but they're not accepting pets for days. Can anyone please offer some advice? I want to wrap his arm or something but he's too stubborn and smart to keep a wrap on him.

https://www.chewy.com/kong-ez-clear-collar-dogs-cats-small/dp/47496?utm_source=shopzilla&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=KONG&utm_campaign=hg

+

https://www.chewy.com/andover-healthcare-petflex-bitter-no/dp/153216

for when he gets the e-collar off.

check for fleas. treat if found. treat if not found if you're due, anyhow. yes, even if you still have snow. do not give the cat a bath unless the cat likes water. do not taunt grumpy hot spot cat.