Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
Every month or two my dog decides that all he wants to eat is grass. He snubs his perfectly good kibble and beef and asks to go outside and then goes straight for the garden and turns into a goat. When he comes back in he pukes it up two hours later and then skips a meal but the next day he's fine. I asked two different vets about it and neither had any idea.

Ever since the rona I've been staying it my gfs house and now for some reason he can't go a week without deciding his food is no good and he only wants grass. I started putting lettuce in his food, no good. I open the back door and he goes straight for a brush. If I don't let him out he sits sullen in a corner and I can hear his stomach rumbling. 12 hours pass and he decides normal dog food is OK and he's all good again.

It's one of those rare times I think pets would be better if they could talk. Anybody have any idea?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
He'll definitely still keep taking human food and treats when he's in these moods so I think keeping some chicken and rice on hand to see whether he takes that will help. Thank you all so much, I'll definitely take him back to the vet when the world is a thing again.