Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I have had friends work for vets that are unethical and will decide how much to charge you based on whatever stupid reason, or just play Solitaire and do as little work as possible. I don't know how those people exist are hopefully now that we're in the social media / Yelp era they get called out.

One of the more frustrating things I can't figure out how to help with is getting people low cost veterinary care. The local vets often object to animal shelters offering low-cost services to the public other than s/n, shots & microchips. A shelter I worked at did have a public clinic at one of our facilities but then people were like "I don't wanna drive to that neighborhood" :facepalm: so I dunno. Anybody do low-cost services in your community?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tortilla Maker posted:

My partner is a veteranarian and she works really hard. I love her.

That's my vet story.

She's not a fan of these forums but she used to be all about VIMS back when she was in general practice.

What's VIMS?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Tortilla Maker posted:

She's not a fan of these forums

BTW did we finally permaban the people with the DVAngel names or whatever? I haven't posted in PI in 10 years because of worthless people like them. They chased away a lot of good posters.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Light-hearted question. I used to use a Bordatella vaccine that smelled like banana. That was a long time ago though. Anybody ever use that & taste it? :P

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Dixville posted:

You might be thinking of dewormer? Pyrantel pamoate is often banana flavored.

Oh yeah! What was I thinking. It's been more than a decade since I had that job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I had a dog with a squamous cell carcinoma in her nose, and it was able to be removed, with the help of an MRI, though she lost part of her jaw, and her nose, so she was a very funny looking girl.

Later, when she had a brain tumor, I refused chemo, because the prognosis still wasn't great, and she would have to stay all day 3x a week at some hospital which would really freak her out.