Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My cat has a fractured pelvis. She apparently had a hip/pelvis injury before I even adopted her, and she (I) re-aggravated it by tossing her gently off of the couch for the millionth time (she landed awkwardly and skidded into my radiator). Give her activity level, this was an absolute inevitability, but I still feel very guilty.

Before you all tell me to go to the vet, the fractured pelvis diagnosis came from a vet/radiologist team, and the next step is the orthopedist. Hooray. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Don"t beat yourself up with guilt, YTM. I had no idea my Pusp had kidney failure until the time I shooed her gently off the couch and she just plain flopped on her side instead of doing the "cats always land on their feet" thing and I took her to vet. Cats are stupid good at hiding their illness/pain, they are stoic as gently caress.

Wishing all the best for you and your kitty.

First of all I'm sorry about your Pusp, and second of all thank you! My cat is recovering from surgery now, and considering her constant attempts to climb things, I think she's recovering pretty well.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Can cats fake sick?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

For the record, I do NOT think she's doing it now (edit: and I didn't think she was doing it when I asked).

Do cats ever act sluggish for attention, for example?