Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

My cat Magnus is about to die, and it's all my fault.

I never post here. I don't even lurk here, really. This is just... coping, I guess. He's in the hospital now for stage 4 kidney failure and he has a week at most. We're going to bring him home and make him as comfortable as we can before starting a euthanasia procedure.

I've had him since he was a kitten. 15 years. He was with me for many major milestones in my life. He has never, ever, shown me a bit of spite or cruelty. He is the sweetest animal I have ever known.

It's my fault because I ignored obvious signs in the past few weeks. Weight loss. Peeing on the floor. Excess vomiting. My "reasoning" is... plainly pathetic. My dad has had many cats, outdoor cats he never ever took to the vet, that lived for over 20 years. I deep cleaned his water dish and started giving him wet food to try and raise his weight. The vomiting went down but the weight loss continued. My other bit of idiot logic is that taking him to the vet is stressful and exposes him to other sick animals. "It may do more harm than good!" I say, moronically, as I continue to bury my head in the sand. I was just afraid. Afraid of what they would say.

Finally I took him in but it was too late. I neglected my best friend and now he's going to die, and it's all my fault. I'll never fully forgive myself, although my partner believes I should try. We plan to do better in the future. Whatever that means.

I love him as much as any human and will always cherish my time with him. I wanted to share some of my favorite pictures of him in order to spread a little of the love and joy he made me feel around to this here community.

Thank you for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Thank you for those words they mean a lot.