Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
re-post to share this memorial here:

Pragmatica posted:

yesterday, i said goodbye to Jack at 1pm. he passed peacefully in my arms. the last few months his kidney disease got really bad and uncontrollable, even though we were trying everything we could to slow down the progression. on monday morning, some really concerning symptoms started to show, and i knew it was time.

i've had jack since he was about 3 weeks old, found in a garbage can outside with his siblings that did not make it. i had no idea how to take care of a kitten that small, but a vet helped me get set up with everything i needed to nurse him back to life. i was only 19 then, and now i am 40. i spent nearly 21 years with this sweet animal, over half of my life. my heart is pretty shattered from losing him as well as his kitty sister Weasel in august 2022 from cancer. i know they are running and being silly kittens again together, free of pain and old age. it feels like a pretty big chapter in my life has closed. :(

i love you, baby Jackie

sept 9, 2003 - apr 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CtrlAltDeath
Oct 24, 2003

Your bra bomb better work, Nerdlinger!
Yesterday I had to say goodbye to Fenris, the best little guy and my best buddy for the past 13 years. He always loved to travel with me, and we were in the middle of a cross country road trip together when he started acting strange, and so after visits to several vets and lots of tests I found out he had liver and spleen cancer and things were going downhill fast. I was able to rent a nice comfortable place for several days and got him comfortable and relaxed while my partner flew out to be with us. We opted for in-home euthanasia and it was peaceful and he crawled into her arms at the end. Now I have to make the return drive home over several days and I'm not going to have my best buddy with me on the way back and I'm just absolutely destroyed right now. Everything happened so fast, I feel like I got hit by a freight train and now that the dust is settled all I can do is sit here and think "what the gently caress just happened".

I at least have so many happy memories and photos and videos of him being the lovable goofball that he was, but this sucks so bad. I miss you so much, buddy.