Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

This is Nok. He passed away peacefully yesterday, November 22nd, 2020 at approximately 12:55 PM. He was 12 years old.

He was quieter this year and it would be easy to forget that he was here when he was but the house just now feels much quieter and emptier now. When I come home, I still expect to be greeted before I've even exited my car to his tone-deaf whistling from within the house.

I miss him so much.

Here's him as a baby during his first vet visit.

One of my favorite pictures of him. He always had trouble with his tail. He was always very clumsy and it would end up breaking or looking disheveled, even as a baby.

I'm relieved that I can take solace in the fact that he passed away in the living room area where he spent most of his time. My dad was the one who witnessed him take his last breaths and I'm so glad that he wasn't alone.

birds fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Hasselblad posted:

How old is typical for such an awesome birb?

Anywhere from 12-20 or so generally. It's actually quite a wide range and some Cockatiels end up being in their mid to late 20's. So it's not a total shock to be honest and the sadness has started to make way for thoughts of the happy memories we had.