Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

This is Ruby. She’s an 18.5 year old Blue Heeler/Chow mix and she just had a partial tumor removed. The vet said she has around 6 months max left. :smith:

In the photo she’s angry that she just got a bath. Judicial amounts of treats and laying on the porch fixed her grumpiness.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Mar 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Condolences. She looks so fluffy and warm. May sue warm many laps in cat heaven. 12 out of 10.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Six months turned into five weeks. I’m sitting here at 5am waiting for an ER doctor to put our beloved Ruby down. 18.5 years old. :smith:

She passed away in comfort and in my wife’s and my arms. She knew she was loved and I hope she knew it was time for her to get in the garbage and eat Costco chicken in dog heaven.

In some ways, having a dog live for so long is both a blessing and a curse. The blessing is you prepare for the inevitable. You know it’s going to come in one way or another, and as the years tick by, and you see them slowly get weaker, or change personalities, you learn to love not one, but four dogs. The puppy, the adolescent, the middle age, and the senior.

She had slight dementia for the last year but always recognized mom and me. She would often forget what she was doing or where she was, but the four constants in her life were us, love, and treats.

Her passing by medical condition instead of natural causes is the most difficult part. Even today she had an apatite. But the ragged breathing we took at first for pain in her back legs didn’t stop and eventually we saw blood in her mouth and we knew it was her time to pass on.

Ruby was an amazing, gentle, kind dog who was a good girl for her entire life. I will always remember her fondly.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 3, 2023