Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I've been meaning to post here for four months. I lost my Samson on march 1st. He was 14 and a month. While I completely catalogued all his pictures and videos, I can't seem to look at them for more than a few moments before breaking down. He is my best friend and I never thought I could love something so much. I promised myself I'd get prints made, a nice book or two, and watch all the videos I took of our walks, while at the park. I can't seem to go. I feel very guilty over this. Like I'm not honoring him enough. I will post here with his story when I can find the strength. I tell ya, my relationship ended a couple weeks ago, yet I havent shed nearly 1% of the tears I did for my boy. I was very lucky in that I got a job in early 2020 where I was able to bring him with me. We spent every day, all day, together. I'd bring him to the park for an hour to an hour and a half, almost every day. I cant describe what pure joy that was. His passing broke me a bit. But, at the same time, his passing has provoked such a profound feeling in me. Like, I am finally ready to find myself. To practice all the lessons he taught me. I might have been his keeper, but he was my teacher. I sleep with his collar every night and say goodnight to his ashes. I will never stop missing him. I am afraid I'll forget even one moment. Sleep tight sammy man. I love you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Appreciate the reply! I had an insanely realistic dream about him the other night that lasted forever. One of the only times in my life I can recall knowing I was in a dream and wishing to not wake up.

Dont think I'll be getting another pet for a long time. Although my good friend said I could watch his lil guy while he is out of the country. That might be nice.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I've decided to put less pressure on myself. Take some time to figure out my life and lower my anxiety and then take time to really celebrate Samson. Feeling guilty while my whole life is in flux is being counterproductive. I have a tendency to want to do everything at once. Expect a nice write up when I am ready!

I've been having some wild dreams lately. He is always there by my side to help me out. Even in death he is protecting me. Thanks buddy.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

So sorry Nettle :(

We are all here for you if you need anything.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I made it to the park today and watched some of his videos. I got home and cried my little heart out. I felt I was ready, but I suppose this is part of the process. Is there any point where I'll be able to look at pics and vids and not break down? I know this grief is the price of love. So, I wouldn't trade it away. It shows me just how important he was to me. I'll have to summon some drat courage so I can try and deal with my grief. I hope he visits me tonight while I sleep. Good night, buddy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I'm sorry you lost your good buddy. May the light of his love always shine brightly in your heart.