Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

My parents had to put their (mostly Lab) 14 year old Labradoodle Jude to sleep this morning. It was a tough decision because despite more than a few health issues Jude was still as perky as his age allowed him to be, he never skipped a meal and even if his hind legs couldn't take him very far he always wanted to go. Unfortunately a couple of weeks ago Jude had a nose bleed and an X-ray found a cancer in his nose that was clearly progressing. Parents hoped it would be a bit slower than it turned out but this morning he had a even bigger nosebleed than the first. Thankfully that stopped on its own but only after a scarily long time and a lot of towels. At the very least it allowed any panic to subside and Jude could calm down and get cleaned up. Me and my brother - we knew Jude quite well too - met them at the vet and it was decided that despite his personality his best days were very near their end. The last thing we wanted to happen was another nosebleed to happen, and another was going to happen, in the middle of the night and that time it didn't stop.

The vet had a jar full of treats and we all got to give him a bunch before he left.

Happy days (pictures via my mom):

Watching the driveway get rebuilt during a reno

Where did you get that its too big

Tuckered out

Snow! Attack!

Okay I guess this snow is cool

He was a gentle and timid dog but not a scaredy cat, he let most things just happen around him, never too bothered by anything whether it was new people, new dogs, fireworks, construction, new surroundings, car rides, whatever, as long as he's fed.

Good dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU