Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
My condolences. 14 years is a good run, I'm sure he was well cared for and well loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

He suddenly had energy again, minutes before the end, and it made it so much harder.
I know the feeling, but take solace in the fact that his final moments were comfortable.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Minto Took posted:

My wife and I put down Poncho about two hours ago. We had him for two weeks. He was 12 years old.
You guys are fantastic for taking in an older pair of dogs. I'm glad Poncho got to finish things out with a loving family instead of in a shelter.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Learguy2015 posted:

I am absolutely gutted. I feel like a broken person for even saying this, but my mom died in April after a long illness, and this feels ten times worse in terms of raw, immediate grief
Grief is grief, and nobody should feel like they need to feel specific ways about certain losses. For what it's worth, I think a lot of grief has to do with change. Our parents tend not to be a daily part of our lives at a certain point, so their loss, sad as it is, changes less in our day to day.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

Hazo posted:

Last week, about a month after I cheerfully posted this in the GBS Egg Thread

Truly though, my condolences. The photo of him and your wife is heart breaking and the love there is palpable. He was lucky to have you both, and vice versa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

I think that's a normal part of grief for both pets and loved ones. You just have to recognize that no matter what you did for him, you would always feel that way. I have no doubt you gave him a good life - He got to spend a lot of time with his best friend, he didn't need anything more.