Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

I bookmarked this thread a few months ago when we said goodbye to our little gentleman Wembley. He was 14 and in kidney failure and it hurts my heart all over again just thinking about what a sweet boy he was to everyone he met.

He was outgoing and loved his brothers and sisters dearly. He was the glue that held out little kitty family together and my wife and I have missed him dearly since that day.

His big brother Pancake has lost weight since Wembley has gone. He had taken to breathing hard almost all of the time, unless he was sleeping, and we thought he was feeling anxiety and loss.

We took him to our vet yesterday, he was vomiting and not eating on Saturday. They took blood and xrays, and he had to be sedated, as he's always been combative with people that weren't us.

Today they called and said he had a mass in his throat. The vet said he would not respond to radiation or chemical therapy.

So today I came home from work and laid in the floor with him. He purred and nuzzled my hand for ear scritches, his stomach rumbling the whole time.

We've decided to have him laid to sleep in the morning. He can still walk and is responsive and that hurts the most. It's going to be so goddam bad, his last bit of life being angry and afraid. But we can't bear to let him starve to death. And hearing him struggle to breathe hurts in places that I haven't felt since my moms passing two years ago.

Hold your special guys and girls tight goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU