Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
my mom just called to tell me that my dog Lucy has passed. I haven’t seen her since before the pandemic and I knew…I knew I wouldn’t see her again once everything closed but I hoped. I hoped I’d have one more time, but I knew.

I got her when I started 9th grade, first year of high school as a puppy. I named her Lucy, after the Beatles song, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

I have pics of her on my phone, saved, but I can’t even look now. she was a Vienna sausage shaped Welsh terrier. she was incredibly smart and hated most men. she was one of my mother’s best friends, the third daughter. my mother is also taking care of her other best friend, who is dying of cancer. I’m over an ocean away and I want nothing more to be with my mom right now.

Lucy was my first dog. My only childhood dog. Before becoming the cat lady I am now, there was Lucy. she was a “tough” dog, strong personality and particular, but she was my partner in naptimes, keeping quiet when I came home at 2am stoned off my rocker and being absolutely weird. I was once destroyed over a relationship ending in flames and she decapitated a cardinal in front of my sister. My grandpa and her chased her around for the head. Jaws of steel. It was loving hilarious ngl.

she also ate like, half a box of cake batter with too much vegetable oil in it and had the greasiest shits. I was sixteen and had just smoked terrible weed with some girlfriends at the time in the basement shed.

We nicknamed her Lucifer sometimes and my religious extended family also had a dog named Lucy and didn’t like it when we made that joke in front of them, so the name stuck.

god that dog was there for me being a low key disaster child growing into a disaster woman and loved me throughout. Always let me get away with murder. just wanted a snack snuck out as payment sometimes. I always paid hush money, sometimes in Asiago cheese.

I wish I was there. I am so angry I couldn’t be there safely at Christmas. I wanted one last stoned Taco Bell run sneak in and sun nap. One more time hearing my mom come in loving exhausted from work, working hard all her loving life, to just turn into the happiest person on earth seeing Lucy and us. I loving love you Lucy and you made me into a much better person and I wish you knew. I wish you knew all the weird dog magic you did to my mom, my sister and myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
my partner and I lost our eldest, Fenris today. She was originally his, and he was there from birth. I loved her like she was my own, and she was friendly to everyone unless if you are a boisterous tabby.

She was there for my partner in many dark moments, and for that I could never repay her. Fenris was such a wonderful girl, and enjoyed a long nap alongside someone, stealing raw meat and her purrs of acknowledgment. She saw you for you and loved you, no strings attached. I am so lucky to have been there for her last years. I am even luckier that she was there for me.

saknar dig för alltid, gumman.