Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
I, uh, gently caress. I really like this subforum, you’re all super nice, and I just got my partner a forums account because she’s a professional dog sitter / Walker now and is amazing with animals and has some wild stories to tell and…

and instead my first post here is about our cat dying. He was out, and someone came to our door asking if we had a silver car because one just got hit by a car? And we knew. Got him to the vet ASAP but we both knew that he was gone instantly.

This is The Snippet, he was simultaneously a butt who we apparently never fed enough and also the most amazing buddy. He belonged to the neighbours when I lived in London, he used to visit a lot and we fell in love with him, then he got sick and we took him in as they didn’t seem to care. He had weird paw tumour things but they responded well to steroids, and eventually he associated the rattle of a pill bottle with good time. He moved with us this summer to a beautiful place in Cornwall and loved being by the fire and also hunting semi-endangered wildlife, but not very well - he bought in the same slow worm (a type of UK native legless lizard) twice, both times unharmed but looking kind of grumpy.

Um. Idiot. He never used to go near the road? Or maybe he did and this time he got unlucky. God bless the people who went door to door looking for his humans, and the lovely vet, and thank god he would have gone instantly, no suffering.

We’re really hosed up at the moment, house already feels empty. Will you all give your buds some scritches for us? And if you see forums user Shmimbly Neblin posting horror stories about spoiled German Shorthaired Pointers in a few months be nice to them.

occluded fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Nov 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU