Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I lost my beloved Golden Retriever Sophie this morning, aged 10. She was the best dog and best friend anyone could ask for, and I’ll never understand how someone like me was lucky enough to have her in my life.

She seemed fine earlier this week, but became lethargic on Tuesday. An x-ray revealed an undiagnosed mass in her spleen that had likely ruptured, and she had to undergo a splenectomy on Wednesday. The surgeon said everything went fine and she was well enough for a visit yesterday, where she seemed like her normal waggy self. He was confident that they could discharge her this very afternoon.

This morning we got a phone call at 5:15. Despite how well she was recovering, her heart had suddenly stopped and they were administering CPR. They were still working on her by the time we got to the emergency vet, but by then they said there was realistically nothing more that could be done. They brought her out on a gurney a short time later, where she looked much the same as she did when sleeping on my side of the bed, but she was gone. I could only kiss her on the forehead and pray that she knew how much I loved her.

I’m sorry if I’m rambling but I’m still just trying to process everything. I knew even with the surgery she was still probably on borrowed time as splenic masses in golden retrievers are usually cancer and usually aggressive ones at that. I just thought I had a little more time. A chance to give her one last ice cream cone, or share a steak with her, or take her for a walk around her favorite lake again… but she’s just gone. All I have are torrents of memories swirling about and I can’t latch onto any single one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU