Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
We said goodbye to Toby today.

He was my wife’s first and only pet. He was three years old when she got him from a rescue, and she was in her mid 20s.

I met him when I was 29 and he was 6.I opened the door to her apartment and he didn’t even let me get a foot in the door before we started playing in the hall.

He was not a lapdog, but he would be glued to my wife’s side the second she sat down on the couch and was her constant shadow. He had a lilt to his steps that made him seem like he was floating. You could not ever figure out how though, his paws were off limits. Never a snap or a bark, just a dignified withdrawal if you attempted to hold one. He was allergic to every normal protein so he ate venison and duck, and then eventually hydrolyzed protein.

At some point he seamlessly transitioned from her dog to our dog. He loved me the same way he loved her, even though it was clear that my wife was #1.

We found out he had a heart murmur a couple years ago. We managed it with medication, but it continued to progress until it became congestive heart failure last May. He lingered at Stage 2 with the help of pimobendan, diuretics, and 7 walks/pee breaks a day until last night when he very clearly told us it was time to go. His breathing was labored at rest, his appetite was gone, and his tail was down.

We said goodbye this morning, almost exactly 10 years from the day he trotted out into the hallway to sniff my hand and wag his tail at me.

His ashes will go in his favorite stuffed toy, which will sit in a place of honor wherever we live.

We love you little man. Always will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU