Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

We said goodbye to our sphynx cat, Mally, on Monday, after her heart failure went into overdrive over the last few weeks. My wife is a rockstar (and a vet) and was able to manage her treatment well enough that it bought her a few extra years she wouldn't have had otherwise.

It's not the first time I've lost a pet, but this one has hit me incredibly hard. Probably because cats being cats, she picked a person to focus on, and that person was me. She was constantly glued to my side or sitting in my lap whenever I was sitting down somewhere. Whenever I'd go to bed, she'd show up 20 minutes later head butting me to get me to lift up the covers for her to crawl under and snuggle. She always looked pissed off or angry due to an eye issue, but you wouldn't know it by how much she loved to snuggle and get pets or how she loved to just rub up against my beard, especially when I was in the middle of reading something.

It was really hard to see her decline in the end, but her final moments were spent with us and she was happy enough to sit on my shoulder on last time as I said goodbye. I'm going to miss her terribly.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

We lost Rumple last night. He was 12. My wife had him for 11 years and I was lucky enough to meet him a year after she got him. He had heart disease as many sphynx cats do, and we knew this day would come sooner than later, but we didn't realize how quickly things would happen. We had returned from a 3 week trip overseas and had 24 hours with him where he was just his normal, loving, cuddly self. We had no idea it was coming. And then he suddenly started declining rapidly late last night. My wife is veterinarian, and decided to immediately take him to the ER she works at.

We got there in just enough time to be able to realize that this was truly the end, say goodbye, and ease his passing without any further suffering. My only real solace right now is that he didn't pass while we were gone, and that we had a nice final day with him before he passed, none of us the wiser of what was to come.

Rest easy, Rumple. I loved you so much.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Feb 9, 2024