Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Had to say goodbye to my sweetheart black cat Galaxy today. He was at least 13 or 14, I'm not sure exactly because he was a stray at an apartment building where I lived years ago and I gradually adopted him, despite not having been a "cat person" at the time, because the girl who had been looking after him was allergic to cats. Last January he was diagnosed with diabetes and Cushing's disease, and he was such a trooper while we got his blood sugar and Cushing's under control. He was more or less back to his old self for several months but a couple weeks ago his mobility rapidly declined until he was nearly paralyzed. I thought maybe it was some kind of diabetic neuropathy, but I found out last night at the emergency vet he had a spinal tumor. It was really rough letting him go because he was otherwise so alert and perky, but the prognosis was so bad even with surgery that I had to do it. Even though I just buried him I don't think it's fully set in yet. I'll walk into a room and some part of me expects him to be there, waiting to jump in my lap.

MeatwadIsGod fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU