Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

Had to let you go today Muz. Bloody tough, but you told us it was the end. To describe you as "a bit of a character" would be under-selling it. You were a phenomenal friend, and frankly the most bizarre, hilarious but also genuinely affectionate person I knew. People at the park would describe you as manic. I think that's unfair. You certainly chased the ball, but you also returned it. I think people saw your blue eye and thought you were crazier than you were. What not many people saw was the Murray at home.
The one that would snuggle as close as he could before unleashing the world's most rancid fart. The Murray that would paw at your leg if dinner wasn't served at bang on 3:00 pm. Every time you got into the lift at mum's house you jumped on your box. Why did you always jump on that box, you crazy dog? You are the only reason mum kept a 3 year old styrofoam food delivery box in her lift. What sort of weird super power is that?

You accompanied me in the most formative and evolving times of my life. You travelled with me from Melbourne to Perth, Great Western, Murray River (where I sat in a Murray branded camp chair with my mate Murray the idiot Boston Terrier) and even a goat farm in western NSW. I would have taken you overseas too if I could. You ran a lap of the tan every day in may for a few years, and licked the sweat off my face after a bike race. You were always with me.
You supported me through breakups, parties, shopping trips, pub steak nights, ski holidays and occasionally donned a tie to help me sell cars. You sat in the passenger seat of every car I owned and I giggle thinking of your chicken legs as you stood up to look out the window.

Right up until 30 mins before I made the ultimate decision on your beautiful life, you were still smashing cheese slices (because you deserved it). You never lost your spirit or character even as your brain was crowded against your tiny skull by a horrible disease. Your affection and love will never be forgotten.

Rest in peace Murray
Such a good boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU