Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
My parent's rescue Mastiff died tonight :smith:

He was already about 7 when they got him which is about the average lifespan for a dog that size, but he made it another 3 years with them.

He was already on a couple of different medications just from being old, and these last few months he'd started having seizures, but between those he seemed relatively normal / comfortable.

Note: Not his bed :mad:

He seemed fine today, but seized up once this afternoon and again right after dinner. He seemed to recover from that and was able to walk out in the back yard, but then collapsed in the grass and wasn't able to move again.

The time between breaths got longer and longer, then he rattled a bit and that was that.

A bummer, obviously, but in terms of timing that's got to be hitting it as close to perfect as you can get.

Obviously he didn't give one poo poo about getting wet, much to the chagrin of whoever was tasked with giving him his daily walk when it was raining.

Aside from that he was content to lay around the house all day doing not a drat thing.

He was a good dog.

vvv Thanks, and yeah we think so. Sometimes I fantasize about adopting exclusively old pets that no one else wants, but going through this every couple of years would suuuuuuuuuuck. After a while I'm going to float the idea of fostering, so they could take care of a rescue for a few weeks or months but not have to make the lifetime commitment with each one.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU