Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I've been holding myself together today but I'm a loving wreck.

I had to put my Cat of 12 years to sleep. He belonged to my Wife when we first started dating, she told me he was mean and he was mean. He regularly attacked my Wifes sister and me. When we moved in together I had a lot of reservations about him, but after living together for a bit he started to cool with me. Then I was unemployed for 2 months, we spent every day for 2 straight months together, that is when we became friends. Since then he has been my best friend. I love him so much. After my son was born my cat started losing weight. It was subtle at first but then it felt like I was petting bones. We have spent the last 2 years trying to pick his weight up and it just hasn't worked. He gradually has started to do less and less of the things he usually did. About 6 months ago he started eating non-stop, but still losing weight. He couldn't go more than 4 hours without eating, but he was still losing weight. Finally he started having accidents outside of his litter box and I knew it was time.

When the vet came to my house today I wanted to tell him no, that I didn't want it anymore, but Mogget seemed to know and just curled up on me. He didn't hiss or bite the vet or the tech. After getting sedated I just held him until he fell asleep. Goddamn this was the hardest day of my loving life. It's a special kind of terrible feeling when the day before, your buddy is hanging out with you outside and he's watching you dig his grave, and he's just happy because he NEVER gets to go outside anymore. He got the last laugh though because he peed all over me, it was a fitting way to go out. I've held it together all loving day, my Wife was upset, but we have a son who doesn't know the gravity of the situation.

Thank you SA for letting me get this off my chest

EDIT:

This is really the first time I've had to kind of process my emotions over the last few days. I'm a loving wreck right now.

EDIT:

I woke up at 4am to feed Mogget. Mogget has been waking me up pretty regularly around 4am for months now. I got up, realized there was nothing for me to do and started crying. I never went back to sleep.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Murray was a great dog and I'm sorry for your loss.