Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Trotsky was an abandoned rescue who was a prolific dumpster-diver and friend of the raccoons. He always meant the best, even at first when he seemed an un-trainable demon of household destruction. He never meant to do wrong, that was only separation anxiety and it would pass. As soon as he understood that he had a new home where he belonged, Trotsky was nothing but the best dog. He lived as a goofy and forever excited dog. Trotsky made many friends and went on many adventures.

Tragically Trotsky was knocked unconscious by a rogue wave and drowned at the age of 10.

I was always impressed with how he would go up to strangers at the beach and get them to scratch him on the rump (where he likes most.) He loved people. He loved dogs. No amount of attention that was too much for Trotsky. Trotsky was always gentle, never aggressive. Trotsky stood up to bullies with calm composure.

Trotsky was loved by all who knew him. He was a local celebrity. He was uncontrollably excited about everything, and wanted you to be excited too!

Trotsky liked to run. He liked to chase cats until one day he caught one and learned a valuable lesson, that cats will scratch you. He liked to chase skunks, no lessons were ever learned about skunks. He was a friend of the raccoons, or perhaps he was raised by them?

Trotsky would follow me around like a shadow. He was so annoying at first. I couldn't take one step without a dog in my way, but in time I got used to him. Trotsky wanted to be a part of everything. Now that he is gone I feel his absence in every moment. Trotsky lived long enough to reach the age where he could no longer keep pace running with me. He lived his best years.

I am lucky to have had Trotsky as my companion and best friend. Trotsky gave me unconditional love before I was capable of returning it. That was something he had to teach me. I am glad that I had enough time to learn. Being with family and friends meant everything to Trotsky, and I am glad he found in me a place where he would always belong. He will be missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU