Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
To Butter: I picked you up earlier this year, I think the last weekend of April. Your past owners had decided to rehome you because their baby was taking up a lot of time, which I respect; they in turn got you from a rescue over 5 years ago. Those people actually had you when hoggies were illegal in AZ still, and I can't remember what happened to the sister you were found with.

Either way, you were a pisser and fun. You preened my hair, and I have like 50 pics of you stretched out spitting all over yourself. And you slept in your pouch on me while I watched movies, and were generally a happy little fucker.

No idea why you died today. This morning I cleaned your cage, debating on moving you to another, slightly larger one, and you snuffled around and disliked me moving you to scoop up bedding. Then went back to sleep. I found you this afternoon, stretched out, and not under your usual blanket, but that hasn't been totally weird in the past few days.

At least you went quick. Urchin had developed that shaking disorder, and I had to put him down before the paralysis set in. You died in your sleep, it looks like. Oddly enough I didn't cry when I found your body but now it's getting hard to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Loki was our pomchi-footstool mix who we got back in October 2011. She was an adult, we got her from our local rescue with no medical history or idea on age. This morning she came in after treats and bathroom outside, having had some cooked chicken, laid down in her bed, and slept for a bit. She woke up with a series of three small barks, I went over to see if a cat was bothering her. Nope.

She turned around in her bed, was breathing a bit heavily, and maybe the temperature gauge doesn't work on dogs like it does AC vents, but it showed her at 87*. Another few yips, but her eyes were dull and she didn't respond when I called or pet her. She died about five minutes later.

No idea what happened. At least she didn't seem to be in pain.

edit: the dumb thing is, hours later I keep looking outside expecting to see her, and let her in because it's raining out. And then looking over to see her bed is gone, and wondering if she's in her other bed, or snuck off to pee somewhere because she didn't like to get us to take her outside to pee. It's just weird because I'm the one who found her, I'm the one who picked her up and took care of the body, but I keep looking around and catching myself wondering where she is because it's lunch time.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 15, 2022