Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casca
Jan 25, 2006

The Saints must Flow.
15 years ago I made a thread here - How do I tell if a cat has secret kittens?
We ended up rehoming mama and one kitten and kept the other two. One of those two disappeared after my mom let him out when we weren't home. The other one has been with us ever since.

We gave her a couple of names, but the only thing that ever truly stuck was "Fatass", pronounced fah-TAHss like a person of dignity and refinement.

7 days ago we lost our ridiculous, bossy, wonderful fat kitty. She developed diabetes two months ago but even with insulin keeping her blood sugar in check she kept having episodes of nausea and vomiting. Her liver started going out of whack from not eating and an ultrasound revealed masses on her pancreas. We made the terrible decision to let her go.

The quiet in this house is awful. Opening the fridge would wake her from a dead sleep on the other side of the house. If you walked into a room and she was in there, you knew it. She always held up her end of the conversation.

I know 15 years is a good run but it feels like not nearly enough time. I want my kitty back.

Also, can anyone tell me how to pull hidden links from old posts? I can see some of the images in the old thread but not all of them. I'm hopeful they're still lurking in the waffleimages rehost and the parser just hasn't updated the links.

Casca fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU