Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

This was Sweetheart. I think I've posted about her here and there, but we got her from a local rescue when my partner and I moved for a new job. Our previous apartment complex did not allow for pets, but the place we'd moved did. She was listed on Petfinder, and had apparently been at the same foster home for over four years, because she did bad at adoption events, was bad around other cats, etc. The first time we visited her foster home, she immediately came out of hiding and jumped into my lap.

She'd been on the streets for at least a year and had at least one litter of kittens before she'd been rescued. As such, she wasn't very well socialized, and her foster stated there were a lot of things that she'd never done, like play with toys, be treat motivated, etc.

Over time, though, she's warmed up to us, and was doing things like sleeping with us on the couch, playing with toys, being a treat motivated little hellion, and lusting for people food.

She always wanted outside, but had no interest whatsoever in harness training (trust me, we tried), but sometimes she'd deign to hop into a pet stroller and go on rides around the apartment complex.

She also loved to get on my desk and be the biggest block to playing vidja imaginable.

In the end, we found that she had incredibly aggressive cancer that had started in her mammaries and had at least spread to her lymph nodes before it was discovered, and it went from "oh, wow, we've discovered she has cancer due to a serendipitous weird accident at her groomer" to "she isn't eating, barely has any energy, and is obviously having trouble breathing, it's time to let her go".

Goodnight, sweet girl. I hope the three years we were able to give you were as happy for you as you made them for us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU