Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
What a good first episode. Kanamori rules and knows the value of a good producer/editor that wants to make fat stacks of cash with these excited nerds, enabling them in the process.

Davincie posted:

there were a lot of future boy conan references this episode which i imagine will fly over the heads of most of the (western) audience. the city design, chase sequences, the plane escape i'm all fairly sure are references. the characters as well, the main girl can be seen as an expy for conan, while the rich girl fits more the role of lana. i'm not sure who the tall one is supposed to be though, as she doesn't easily fit in any of conan's character except maybe the captain cause of her greed

Apparently they couldn't get permission to just include Future Boy Conan, which led to this:

Eunyoung Choi posted:

Ah, we didn’t get permission (laughter throughout the room). It’s owned by Nihon Animation, and the situation was complicated. They supported us to get permission, but eventually, we couldn’t. Instead, we had to follow and copy every single frame from Future Boy Conan. We wanted to make it precisely like how it originally was. I’m a big fan of the show, and even though there’s no creativity from us copying it, being able to see the exact same shots in our project was very exciting.

We were happy we could put the scene from Conan into the episode.
Full interview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU