Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
I always kinda liked Anime Death Tentacle Rape Whorehouse. It's funny.

I know, I know, I'm always the weird one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
After my previous comment, I ducked into the SAclopedia to make sure I remembered correctly the original title of the forum. Once there, I kind of went on a wikiwalk, discovering many things that happened here way before my reg date. :cripes:

Now I get where the people who want to change the name are coming from, and boy do I withdraw my previous comment.

new suggestion: AAAAA - Awful Assorted Anime Always Available (if the forums ever get sorted alphabetically, we'd be on top!)

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Another Destination That Radiates Wholesomeness

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
CGDCT: Comic Graphics Digital Conversation Threads

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Another Desperate Try, Redeeming Wretchedness

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Anime Devotees Tranquil Regarding Wrath

(I'm mostly posting these in hopes it will spark something that's actually good in someone else's mind)

The Anime Pit (subtitle: It watches the next episode or it gets the hose again)

Anime Fort (subtitle: yeah, we know the rest of the boards hate us)

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Should someone ask the malevolent overlords whose blanket of fear we tremble under relevant people if we even would be permitted to change the name if we wanted to?

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Julias posted:

Both Wark and I give this thread our blessings, but we don't want to affect the discussion one way or another.

I knew that, I just wasn't sure you had the power to change the name without the higher mucky-mucks agreeing. Are there higher mucky-mucks? Do you guys stand (not alone) at the pinnacle of power? Should I stop asking irrelevant rhetorical questions?

e: our mods aren't malevolent overlords, they're kindly and nice overlords, because they're ours, not like those other forums

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.

Phimose Knight posted:

everybody knows who Vegeta and Goku are

I didn't. I had to look 'em up. Sorry, I've never watched or read Dragon Ball; just not interested in it.

Just pointing out that using any particular character or show in the forum name might lead someone to assume the forum is dedicated to just that show. A more general forum name avoids that. (No matter how popular a particular show is, there are some people who have never heard of it.)

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.
In a snowstorm.
Please Notice the Anime Forum, Senpai!

Beato Believer
May 23, 2009

I believe in Beato.
Even when she's driving.
At night.