Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

spy x family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cainer
May 8, 2008

The Everyday Maintenance of Shinozaki-kun

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Wangan Midnight: C1 Runner

I may or may not have bought a PSP GPS because of this because novelty.

HamburgerTownUSA fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Mar 18, 2024

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Yak of Wrath posted:

I trust there is at least one sneakerhead on this forum who can identify what specific shoes are being referenced for this gyaru's collection.

There's a reebook instapump fury there that the japanese love, a nike more uptempo, a jordan 12, a nike dunk, a balenciaga with the adidas logo for some reason

The one she's holding there is an OFF-WHITE Nike Air Jordan 1 and the current price is indeed accurate

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

x

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Wangan Midnight: C1 Runner

I may or may not have bought a PSP GPS because of this because novelty.

Still not as weird as the loving Game Boy sewing machine that exists for some reason

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Hey guys, Kingdom of Quartz is pretty good and ya'll should read it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Magical Girl Tsubame

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?

https://mangadex.org/title/a0c06f23-88b5-4880-9346-c0c7685f918a/iyagatteru-kimi-ga-suki

all trigger warnings for this one, if you can tolerate it then it's actually quite funny

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
In the volume extras for 100gf

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Spookydonut posted:

In the volume extras for 100gf

:laffo:

I haven't read it (since self-insert harem manga bores me no end), but considering everything I've heard and seen about it suggests that the MC barely exists, maybe I should once it's finished?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

:laffo:

I haven't read it (since self-insert harem manga bores me no end), but considering everything I've heard and seen about it suggests that the MC barely exists, maybe I should once it's finished?

The guy in that manga is kind of an incredible character, and if you wait for it to finish you'll be waiting for a long time since they've only just gotten up to girlfriend number 28. You might as well go for it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what is even up with people who haven't read any of 100gf making such strange statements about it? it's a manga and anime. you can try it out to see what it is like instead of playing a game of telephone with insane people.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
it is a self aware harem parody that is wholesome and to me says that every girl is best girl.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Shangri-La Frontier

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

doomrider7 posted:

Extremely agreed on this

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence

Versus, by One and Kyotaro Azuma

Lookit this fantasy map-rear end motherfucker.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Mar 27, 2024

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Terry van Feleday posted:

Extremely agreed on this

The Witch Hat Atelier replacement

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Terry van Feleday posted:

Extremely agreed on this

Ugh, fine, you convinced me

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Does it need replacement?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

thetoughestbean posted:

And the pictures we've posted are only the good ones that don't have spoilery stuff.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

thetoughestbean posted:

It releases way too slowly. Teach me for starting a series before it finishes

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

doomrider7 posted:

Having read the first volume I have to ask: does it get, uh, better? Or at least more tonally consistent? Going from a demon just killed my surrogate mother and a bunch of kids I knew and also I have dark-demon powers to
time to go to the prestigious training institution, where I’ll handle the problems with pluck and spunk!
is a classic set-up in manga but the pacing of it made the third chapter feel like major tonal whiplash, and not in a good way.

I don’t think the first volume really worked, tbh

thetoughestbean fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Mar 28, 2024

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

thetoughestbean posted:

Having read the first volume I have to ask: does it get, uh, better? Or at least more tonally consistent? Going from a demon just killed my surrogate mother and a bunch of kids I knew and also I have dark-demon powers to
time to go to the prestigious training institution, where I’ll handle the problems with pluck and spunk!
is a classic set-up in manga but the pacing of it made the third chapter feel like major tonal whiplash, and not in a good way.

I don’t think the first volume really worked, tbh

There was a three year time-skip between those events. The prince has been having her stay with glasses scientist since the demon incident and yeah I get what you mean, but the world and lore are compelling enough that I want to see more.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

ninjoatse.cx posted:

It's noticeably reminiscent to Witch Hat Atelier not just in the art but also a number of story conceits and the main character's whole vibe, but in a way that makes the fundamental differences in approach all the more interesting to me. Unfortunately it won't help in terms of being a finished story because so far it only has 2 volumes out (1 in english) and looks like it'll be running for a while (unless it gets unceremoniously axed which... Sure hope that doesn't happen)

thetoughestbean posted:

It stays pretty tonally inconsistent, which I can understand not being into but personally actually like. Beyond being into tonal rollercoasters in general (random shoutout to Bang Bravern) here it conveys the sense that these characters cling to this sense of their world being an ordered and happy one as a matter of blind faith while also having to recognize that this facade can collapse at a moment's notice. One of my favourite aspects of the comic is the way it plays every emotional beat with a kind of operatic grandeur, so leaning fully into each whether sweet or harsh without spending time on tonally metering itself lets it lean into that strength more

I liked the 2nd volume more overall but I don't think it'd be so qualitatively different as to change your mind

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!

Source: Sachi's Records ~Sachi's Book of Revelation~ which is, of course, published on Manga Plus

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this showed up on the front page of Mangadex and looks promising.
Boy Meets Girl, Again!

only two chapters so far, but the setup is an interesting one, and the art is nice. Might be a good one to keep an eye on.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

this showed up on the front page of Mangadex and looks promising.

Thought it was going to be a standard "childhood friend separated by a couple years" scenario. Boy am I surprised how many years it was.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Hella good bonus chapter of Marriage Toxin

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
spy x family

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
100gf

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Polar opposites

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Slippery Okuta-san

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
My Daughter is an S-Rank Adventurer

also

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Eminence in Shadow

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Yancha Gal no Anjou-san

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Mankitsu Shitai Jouren-san

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Thunder 3

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

This is not nearly enough context for this!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
read it

it rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A bunch of kids from a kids manga cross over into a gantz style manga world. Violence ensues.